I'm speachless

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
If ya going to Hit Da Clubz before a long day of cleaning cut off the Over 21 wristband. That stain is a shit stain from a over flowing depends. Looks Like jImmYs couch.

Golden Boy

Reactions: Jimmy L

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Probably got the idea to clean like that after watching the YouTube video Worlds Fastest Upholstery Cleaner. Produced by a Expert cleaner in my area. I couldnot believe anyone other than a TMFr operating like that. Amazing what people can get away with.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
1:05 min was all I could handle. I'm telling you Mike, this industry is FULL of guys like this. Flinging moisture everywhere,
soaking the sh.. of everything. 3 or 4 times per year I see even Stanley hosing down a couch on a driveway. But its not just
uph, its everything else they touch.

Reactions: Mikey P

Buck1955

Name
John
$60.00 might be a good price in Florida. I've used carpet chems, and even a carpet wand on upholstery but never a hydroforce. OMG!!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
He is either using a porty or a porty mount to clean that sofa because when he is pre soaking the piece you can hear the the pump sputtering and pressurizing. Sounds just like the 500 psi pooptec pump that was in the recoil porty I used to have. You can also hear the squeeling of electric vacs in the background. Maybe him and recoil ricky should team up since they are both in florida and form the portymount cleaners guild

Reactions: Jimmy L

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
And I was getting my chops busted for talking about these type of guys in the AL thread. See what you get with a O/O on the truck nothing but quality every time yes sir.

Low prices and top notch technique that's what you got there folks. Don't forget the owners is on every job so you know its great!

I was rolling in my chair in pain. Could hardly watch.

Just goes to show you morons weather owners or employees do stupid stuff.

Proper systems,training and mentoring are the only solution. Even then bad things can happen to innocent pieces of upholstery.

I am not busting O/O's. I have tons of respect for them. It is just not the silver bullet to great service. Training and systems are.

We just had Bill Yeadon do some training for our team.

If you are reading this get with Jim P or Bill Y. This is not a service to be loose on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I only see microfiber 99% of the time.

Where's the how to video step by step pre inspect, pre vac, spot multiple unknown stains, pre spray, hand scrub, rinse extract, and speed dry.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Obviously that was a pre-browned cotton sofa. ( Looks like he was there before) How would you guys tackle this situation? I Use Cobbs Haitian cotton shampoo. Brush it on, vac it off. Easy, no browning, cures previous browning, keeps the fabric relatively dry. The brown spot to me looks like a water stain or a blood stain. Sometimes with a skirt like that, that has be already shrunk. I clamp them down to each other or clamp a long strip of wood to the bottom.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
See what you get with a O/O on the truck nothing but quality every time yes sir.
Low prices and top notch technique that's what you got there folks. Don't forget the owners is on every job so you know its great!
I am not busting O/O's. I have tons of respect for them. It is just not the silver bullet to great service. Training and systems are.

Not every O/O is good. Being an owner operator does not make you good either. A good conscientious O/O invests more time and money in their education and training than any single employee or their company ever will. A good O/O also cares more (for different reasons) than your 'systematized' employee will ever do, no matter how "perfect" your system is.

Will training help a good employee? You bet. It will also help an O/O.

Systems are designed to compensate for lack of interest/motivation/care/personality inclination and bring mediocrity up to a higher level. See McDonald, which is the ultimate system builder. Not a great product is it? Or, let me actually correct myself- a great product for what it was intended for which is: predictable, repeatable, safe mediocrity.

Systems appeal to the military mind set that thinks (hopes) that it can cover and address every single possibility and issue. It does not trust the people to make their own decisions. Kind of like legislating for everything under the sun trying to cover and address every possibly that may happen. It doesn't.

Systems have their place, they're just not the silver bullet to great service that some hope they may be.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Oh how nice!

Since I run a Solo truck that makes me a scrub?

The biggest threat to your bottom line:
Guys Like Me : )

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tom do you keep a mirror in your pocket so you can look at yourself all the time?

D

Deleted member 51539

He is either using a porty or a porty mount to clean that sofa because when he is pre soaking the piece you can hear the the pump sputtering and pressurizing. Sounds just like the 500 psi pooptec pump that was in the recoil porty I used to have. You can also hear the squeeling of electric vacs in the background. Maybe him and recoil ricky should team up since they are both in florida and form the portymount cleaners guild

He is using an EZ 2545

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The biggest threat to your bottom line:
Guys Like Me : )

probably not to jamokes with biz sense and large marketing budgets.
But conscientious "new guys" like you are generally one of the BEST VALUES around....
ASSUMING you fit this profile;

you're hungry, you're fresh, you have some sharps/ability to learn on the job (you'd be surprised how many can't) you give 110%,
AND...you haven't learned what that level of quality is actually worth, so your pricing is in the Stanley Steemer/Hogopian class.
You're serving steak at a McDonnalds burger price .

IF..you fit that profile, and you're not lazy, have all your teefs (at least the important ones) and you're not a social retard and/or creep peeps out...
Just from repeats and referrals alone, In about 4-7 years you'll be too busy to handle all the work in peak season .
You'll either raise your prices to what they're worth, or you'll get burnt out by year 10 and your quality will slip to the level of McDonnads burgers

..L.T.A.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
My competition is more concerned about me, than we are them.
Betcha at least one trembles when he hears my name. Want his number?

Also One advantage i have is my wife has seen just about every cleaner in towns production work. Shameless Bull Shit and blatant taking advantage of people is what i see.

Thats why I bought a truckmount. It pissed me off.

D

Deleted member 51539

So you know this guy?

and who are you?

not trying to run you off, just like to know who the active members are, welcome to MB!

No, I don't know him.

But I remember a pic of him and his machine.... I found it.

View attachment 3588

As far as who I am... Just think of me as the CANCER to our industry...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Didn't figure it was you Barry, you're way sharper than that dude.

It's not the machine that's the issue. You can clean upholstery very well with a portable and have no problems. It's the technician and his training or lack of training.

Upholstery is not like carpet and when you treat it like its carpet you assume major risks. Unlike carpet it can be very unforgiving. The wrong PH, too much precondition, too much moisture or too aggressive and you better like the looks of it.....because you just may buy it.

Use upholstery cleaning solutions for upholstery, not carpet cleaning solutions. Carpet solutions can be too high of PH and are designed to penetrate, not something you want for upholstery. Use pump up or electric sprayers for precondition, control your moisture, use as little water as possible to get the job done. Take it easy on the fabric, don't get too agressive with it. Some fabrics are more fragile when wet and break or tear easily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom