I'm thinking about a total package for realtors.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ok so obviously home sales are still in the terlet, which is why I think its a good time to market to realtors. I was thinking about a package to realtors for all flooring in a house. Carpet, wood and tile for a set price psf, or seperate prices for each, to generate some big jobs in higher end homes ( we've got a lot of them around for sale.) Anyone have any thoughts?

CapeCleaner

Some kind of package deal is a good idea but I'm not sure about a set sf price for all three surfaces. Maybe a set per room price for carpets and offer discounts if an agent contracts to clean more than one surface type. Something like $XX per room for carpet, 10% off with one additional surface, and 20% if all three surfaces are cleaned.

Chris A

Name
Chris
you might be right, and your not the first to suggest that. I keep looking at numbers and can't make sense of one PSF price.

G

I also would suggest pairing up with a good set of house cleaners; If you hire them you can make a bit of money off them too. I have a lawn care guy, we do pressure washing, and total cleaning. Last week we did 8 houses.

:D

M

Mark Imbesi

Also, run this idea with your BNI realtors (your chapter and your wife's). Get a feel for how much money their clients have to spend in order to sell the home. I would think they would be strapped for cash, but I'm no economist.

I'm in the middle of coordinating services with a home stager in my group. Once we come up with the particulars that will make us happy, we will then bounce this off of a few agents before we go live.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
One thought to keep in mind is that much of what's on the market is distressed housing -- short sales or foreclosures. In our area 70% of active listings are short sales and forclosures. If it's bank-owned the banks won't spend a penny more to get the house sold. And, if it's a short sale, what are the chances someone who can't/won't pay their mortgage will buy carpet cleaning for a home that, short of a miracle, will probably go back to the bank anyway?

Right now it's all about price. If it's priced it right, it sells. If it's not, it sits. If it's not a distress sale and the owners aren't willing to take a beating, clean flooring may or may not make much of a difference since buyers can find a comparable or better home in the same area for thousands less.

If you work with agents and they're not calling I'd give them a call. Find out how they're having to adjust. See if you can figure out what makes sense from their perspective.

Just a hunch, I wouldn't focus so much on trying to get everything in the house as I would on being a problem solver. I'd approach it from the "every listing has an eyesore or two, and whatever it is, I can help resolve it painlessly and affordably" angle and see where you can take if from there.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Wayne again is on target. I clean a ton of short sales for a group who specializes in short sales. That is one number they can take off the tables of things that need to be done to the home prior to move in.

IE replace carpets $2500 number pulled because they already were restored. That is how these people are short selling homes, what needs to be done and then a final number overall.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm looking more toward the High End Market :roll: . Actually there is still a bunch of homes that are non-distressed in my area in the 3-500k arena, so that's what I'm gonna focus on. Right now I'm working on getting into a couple of realtors associations around me and seeing if I can speak at a meeting. I'll post more details as they come along.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Clean everthing in the house yourself.

Floors, restrooms, kitchens do it all and the people will use you. Why hire you to do the floors when a company like ours will do all the cleaning for 1 price?

Keep your package price low enough and you might even get a little stank on your hang low :lol:

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Here's my new offering for realtors in 2009. What I can't do, I can sub.
nmnm.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom