Image and Ego

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So years ago when I shaved my head (I was a long haired biker and pretend rockstar) I noticed a huge change in the way I was treated in homes. The first day just amazed me. I could charge what I wanted, no questions. They didn't look at me all weird like I was a uh...well see above.

I never even noticed it because maybe I was used to it? My hair was long since early high school and I shaved it for the first time at about 30 years old...

Ego is was took me so long...and maybe a little ignorance or nievity (sp).

Anyway, if you look like a hood, or a hoopty or a gangsta or a hippie, biker, bum...you name it.

You are not getting what you could be out of your business.
People will respond with gratitude and givingness...is that a word?? It's late....if you clean yourself up.

I know, I know...you think your cool (I did), the ladies love you (or guys if your Gary)..and you don't want to give that up.

Well....here's a news flash...women with think you are way cooler if you have money.
It's that whole "got it together" thang.

So suck it up and get a shave and a haircut and go to charm school or some crazy thing....(that's what they should name this room)...and start making money.

Who would you rather have in your home doing work???

This guy?

CarpetCleaningSydney.jpg

Or this guy?

TH_hippie_031205.jpg

How about this guy?

bikerDude03.jpg

Maybe this guy?

Sullee.jpg

I think I know this guy

black_guy_missing_teeth.jpg

Anyway, you get the point.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Re: Imaga and Ego

I told you Brian, MY staff info and photos are for your PRIVATE viewing only.

Now they got splashed all over the net. I was about to send through the ladies photos, but will keep them safe for now :lol:

Jack :p

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: Imaga and Ego

As long as the pink part of the lady's photo's are covered I can allow it. :lol:

Appologize to your crew for me. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brian Robison":1jtesuub] a news flash...women with think you are way cooler if you have money.
It's that whole "got it together" thang.

Those are the women I stay away from! Just looking for a dude with money. :wink:[/quote:1jtesuub]

No, women want security. In this day and age that does equate to money but not being able to handle money is a turn off.
It's the type of person who makes that kind of money and keeps it (or keeps it coming)...it's not always the money itself.

With that said..if you are an asshole with no personality AND money...probably won't help much.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
It's not just women looking for security.....

I got a call yesterday from a fellow trying to schedule cleaning for one of his his aunt's rental properties. When I asked where he found us he said he's been using a company for his own carpet but last time the technicians showed up with tatoos on their faces and it creeped him out. He called us because of my pic in our YP ad.

I've had women customers talk about feeling safe with us quite a few times. This is the first time I've heard it from a man. lol

It was the second comment that day about working in a shirt and tie.....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wayne Miller said:
It's not just women looking for security.....

I got a call yesterday from a fellow trying to schedule cleaning for one of his his aunt's rental properties. When I asked where he found us he said he's been using a company for his own carpet but last time the technicians showed up with tatoos on their faces and it creeped him out. He called us because of my pic in our YP ad.

I've had women customers talk about feeling safe with us quite a few times. This is the first time I've heard it from a man. lol

It was the second comment that day about working in a shirt and tie.....

Pussy. :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here ya go....

Before

th_Brianlonghair-1.gif

And after

Copyofsmallprobrianandjen.jpg

Who do you think these home owner ladies would like to have in their homes?

Yes this is me about 12 years ago.
The ex is blocked out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LMAO, I used to here that all the time.

Also this guy

610x.jpg

Zakk Wylde

Or maybe this guy? (without facial hair)

sebastian_bach.jpg

Sebastian Bach from Skid Row

I was a mean pretty boy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, I pretty much made a concious decision to really work on my business instead of my band. I just had to be realistic.

Fun as hell though. God, those were the days.
We used to get tons of people to the shows. We may have sounded like shit but it was a great show.

Name
Nate W.
Brian Robison said:
Yea, I pretty much made a concious decision to really work on my business instead of my band. I just had to be realistic.

We used to get tons of people to the shows. We may have sounded like shit but it was a great show.

Sh!t got a sound? No sh!t. :lol:

I give any props to get up infront of a crowd and perform. 8)

Bob Foster

1mb.jpg

I bet this guy hasn't even got a sign on his drum skin and he still gets lots of walk ups.

Kinda like me today in my box van - a one man band making all sorts of racket

I got a walk up a subsquent job. And I gots no signs.

Look at this guys image. He obviously doesn't have and ego problem either.

v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXMuWi0dUBcv]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Brian Robison":1d9p9e5c]Yea, I pretty much made a concious decision to really work on my business instead of my band. I just had to be realistic.

[/quote:1d9p9e5c]

All it takes is one crowd roar while you are on stage and you are hooked. It's like a drug.

Man I remember the first time we got a big roar from a crowd...
it was at the Cactus Club in San Jose Ca.
Finished the first song...it was a CD release party....the crowd just shook the place.

I think I wet my pants.

Name
Nate W.
Brian Robison said:
[quote="Nate The Great":1didwz2o][quote="Brian Robison":1didwz2o]Yea, I pretty much made a concious decision to really work on my business instead of my band. I just had to be realistic.

[/quote:1didwz2o]

All it takes is one crowd roar while you are on stage and you are hooked. It's like a drug.

Man I remember the first time we got a big roar from a crowd...
it was at the Cactus Club in San Jose Ca.
Finished the first song...it was a CD release party....the crowd just shook the place.

I think I wet my pants.[/quote:1didwz2o]

I normally have that effect on women, but you are the exception since you have long hair at the time. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom