Impowerd Water such as Zerorez what about it ???

Name
Shawn Forsythe
ZEROREZ's "Empowered Water" is essentially a product called “Primacide B fluid”. This product is either made by EAU and shipped to ZEROREZ or ZEROREZ has purchased the "generators" necessary to manufacture this "fluid". EAU Technologies (the creator of "empowered water") describes this fluid as “the active ingredient in Primacide B is sodium hydroxide” and that it “leaves no film residue associated with chemical detergents”. Sodium hydroxide, also known as Lye is found in many drain cleaners and oven cleaners, it is highly corrosive (in high concentrations) and will eventually turn into sodium carbonate when exposed to carbon dioxide in the air. The concentration used here in the CC application is actually quite low. As such, the carpet pretreatment process is quite important, but also quite conventional. The low concentration of the sodium hydroxide, and its lack of buffering means that during cleaning, soil is all it takes to effectively neutralize the solution to a level safe for fibers and protectants. More info.

When a "generator" is used, at tank of water mixed with sodium chloride (table salt) is exposed to a weak DC electric current. The tak is divided by a semi-permeable membrane that keeps the electrically "altered" brine solution separated into two sections. In doing so, one electrode will form NaOH (sodium Hydroxcide) in until the salt is consumed, while the other electrode will form (HOCl) Hypochlorous Acid through electrolysis. In the carpet cleaner application, the (HOCl) Hypochlorous Acid is disposed of, while the weak sodium hydroxide and water solution is loaded onto tanks on board the Zerorez carpet cleaning truck to be used for a heated rinse solution.

What is the real power of "empowered water"? Marketing. The process is patented. The product (weak sodium hydroxide and water solution) is unique. Nevermind the rather bland result. Zerorez is capitalizing on all the unique factors and creating effective ad copy to promote the methodology. Much in the same way that "soap free" products have found favor.

p.s. The (HOCl) Hypochlorous Acid is known as Primacide A, and is used by EAU for other applications and is saved by them for that.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The machine i seen that will go from 2.5 to 11 ph and the high ph will imulsify peanut oil on contact. Looked pretty interesting but I cant figure it out if it is the real meal deal or not. www.enagic.com they also come in a commercial machine that is not shown on the website.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Not that you would want to, but you can replicate the resultant alkaline product with dirt cheap sodium hydroxide. I think you are missing the dollar point here. Companies like EAU and Enagic are in business and making money because they have found a way to rube-goldberg something really simple and bland into a "wowee-zowee", and created a marketing package to sell it. The boring reality is that the product is very ho-hum, and not even very good compared to conventional means.

If you are looking to market your results and efficiency, you probably want to just do a better job doing what you are doing. If on the other hand, you want some razzle-dazzle in your marketing, at the expense of effectiveness and efficiency, then you look at empowered and kangen water.

Here is some coffee that uses similar marketing tactics. But is it better?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mardie

FredC

Village Idiot
Mardie seems to be the Duane Oxley of carpet cleaning.............

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Not that you would want to, but you can replicate the resultant alkaline product with dirt cheap sodium hydroxide. I think you are missing the dollar point here. Companies like EAU and Enagic are in business and making money because they have found a way to rube-goldberg something really simple and bland into a "wowee-zowee", and created a marketing package to sell it. The boring reality is that the product is very ho-hum, and not even very good compared to conventional means.

If you are looking to market your results and efficiency, you probably want to just do a better job doing what you are doing. If on the other hand, you want some razzle-dazzle in your marketing, at the expense of effectiveness and efficiency, then you look at empowered and kangen water.

Here is some coffee that uses similar marketing tactics. But is it better?

I was thinking more about saving money on chems more than anything else. I seen one of these Enagic machine that they wanted 4k for and when I picked it up it felt more like $79.99 to me. lol

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
All I know is ZEROREZ has gone out of business a couple times here in Tampa.

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Well, I don't know about all that stuff. What I heard was that it is holy water. In fact, Pope Benedict had to retire because he was worn out from making all that "empowered" (holy) water for Zrez. :biggrin:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
So in order to reduce chemical usage and make them work better and do a better job of rinsing would anyone agree with the following ? First install 2 or 3 filters for solids removal with the first one being for large micron sized solids and the last one being for the smallest micron sized solids. Then the carbon filter , then the water softener. ?? I do not think that a R/O would do a whole lot more than top notch pre-filters would do ?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
ZEROREZ is marketing so hard in the Des Moines area, I can't hardly get a job without the custy mentioning them. I can't imagine the low payed techs they must be using in order to turn a profit?! Time will eventually reveal if they are the real deal. I think they came to this area about a year and a half ago.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Check out www.orbio.com

Tennant has used this technology in their Ech2o auto scrubbers.

Does it work. Ya I've seen it do some pretty impressive stuff on hard floors.

Carpet. So/So

I filled my 100 gallon water tank with the converted water out of their 5000Sc machine and also used it to prespray. On moderately soiled carpet it worked all right. I wouldn't scrap my normal prespray to use it though. Just doesn't work well enough.

But for a sustainable everyday cleaning solution for use on hard floor you bet.

Cool tech, cool product, just not for carpet cleaners...yet. What the future holds? Who knows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom