Improper installation?

Walt

They had a flood. Contractor reinstalled carpet after replacing pad. Seams are visible. There is a gap between carpet and base board. Carpet seems loose. I can grab it with my fingers in the center of the room and easily pull it up about an inch or more. She mentioned it to the contractor. He said it was fine. I disagree.

This a repeat customer what should I advise her to do? I'm just here to clean but feel obligated say some thing.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Tell them what you know.
It's the truth.

Sounds like they need some power stretching and a sharp knife. Correcting the seams is going to be a bit of a hassle.

Contractor may not be your best friend , thereafter :p

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
tough spot to be in the middle, I would let her know or at least note it on a work order

Had a customer complain about her under performing stain master carpet. I told her the carpet isn't doing what she expects because it is olefin carpet. She was pretty pissed and carpet was 2 years old.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If there are gaps at the baseboard that IS and issue...

Pulling an inch.. as long as it goes back down quickly.. not an issue. 3 inches.. defintly no stretch. If you can push a couch on glides or push up a wrinkly as you walk.. definitlty an issue.

And as to the seems.. you can make seems look really good, but there is no such thing as invisble seems. However if its been gapped or ledged then you can have issues down the road.

Have a qualified installer that you trust, take a look at it and offer his opinion..

Or quietly give the homeowner the number of a local carpet inspector.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom