In car computer system

Lonny

Supportive Member
Does anyone here use a laptop/printer for on the job invoicing? I am going to be a one man show for a bit and don't want to have to go back to the 'office' to input invoices at the end of the day. Just curious- yes someday it will kill me.

Gary T

I do. I got a ram mount computer mount for my laptop. I just picked up the cannon ip100 mobile printer. I have a Sprint USB cell modem. It all plugs into a 1500 watt power inverter. I can do anything form the truck that I can do from home.

Name
Jesse
Not in our service vans, but I have mounted a lap top and printer in my van for estimates, etc... Some cell phones are high speed modems, I pay $10 per month extra for unlimited data with sprint.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Laptop and cell sounds like the way to go. cheers guys!

Able 1

Name
Keith
There is no over heating problem with them? Do you guys take them out while your TM is running?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for me it would just be a waste of time.......for someone else it would be a good reason to break into my truck.........

I just stay a day ahead of myself and all work orders are already printed and ready to go.. for the next day....I carry blank ones but I don't fill one out maybe 3 times a year....

keep it simple ..time is money.....

Lonny

Supportive Member
What happens if they decide that they want a carpet protector after all? Or they weren't quite as, uh forthcoming as they should have been concerning the condition of the carpet? Hand written is great-unless your handwriting is mine that is.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lonny said:
What happens if they decide that they want a carpet protector after all? Or they weren't quite as, uh forthcoming as they should have been concerning the condition of the carpet? Hand written is great-unless your handwriting is mine that is.
the price for everything is already on the work order to the far right.. the total is always blank .If some thing changes I add it on.. ..if not then I just carry the total to the bottom.....

Workorders.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'd get to the quote/job, do up the quote/workorder, they would add or subtract something, etc etc. I got tired of passing a "scribbled-on/crossed out/hard to follow/arrows pointing to the total" workorder to my clients. Then have to come home and enter everything into Mistral. So I bought a laptop and porty printer.
I also got a laptop so I could do inhome presentations during a quote. More influence from JP.

I just replaced everything, bought a $700 laptop at Christmas (my first one was $2400!! 4 yrs ago) and the HP Officejet 470 portable printer in July-$450 (the first one 4yrs ago cost me $634). Everything has a battery so no power issues. I carry that in a backpack so it looks less conspicuous in my truck, and its my office away from home. When I do a quote, or when I'm there to do the work, I enter everything into Mistral, and print it out right there. Nice clean professional work order. Wow's them all the time.

The beauty of it is, when they pass me a check right then, I enter paid, and ALL my paper work for that job is done, right there! I have a filing cabinet drawer filled with old invoices from 94-2003. I bought Mistral in Jun2000, I bought the laptop 5 yrs ago and haven't added one sheet of paper for filing since. I use an offsite email account to store my backup files.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom