In line filter

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
vac guage doesnt move when I hook mine up.
Its sure nice to know that I'm keeping a lot of crap out of my tank. Those larger holes let a lot of stuff through.

Nice thing about the finer mesh, cleans off a LOT easier than the perforated plate. I have intank filter that is a bugger to clean

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
The reason I started this post is because:1 I have a genesis that requires the operator to lean over the HOT machine to clean the filter and 2. I just bought a Judson that doesn't have a filter. I bought a pool filter that broke in 2 months and is not made for heavy long term use. I am having one made that will be mounted out side the box. The 2.5" hose will go through the floor to the back of the box and into the filter that will be mounted horizontally. Air flow in all the other filters enters the top of the filter and exits out the bottom. Lots of resistance and turbulence it seems. This filter will be in line with the air flow and will be areodynamic to reduce restriction and turbulence. It will be mounted under the box by the back door. We use a rear door hose reel. I will let you all know how it works. At the least it should be a permanent solution to the filter problem. Also being out of the box it will be easier to maintain and less messy. Thanks for all your replies and help. I am guessing it will be about 400 to have it built out of stainless. It will be about 16"x16"x20".
Al

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if you built a tube, similar to what I have, but mount the inlet and outlet on top and bottom, it would easily suit your needs.
The Aussie's made a nice filter, its design may help. The in and out on side mounted, in at the top, out at the bottom, mounted on a tangent to create a cyclonic action. This allows the top to be free to flip open giving access to the filter without necessitating disconnection of the hoses.
I would rig every hose inside the truck as large as possible, 3" at least. Only reduce to 2.5" as it comes into the filter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom