in line heaters for a portable

brite n clean

Hi I have a portable without a heater. I've seen in line heaters that range from $300.00 up. Do you still need access to hot water with these heaters? I'd appreciate any info about these in line heaters that attach externally to a portable.
Thanks

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Bucket heaters are probably better. In line heaters will raise the temp a little if you run 2 -11002 jets on your wand. Yes you still have to put as hot of water in your tank as possible. I use to use two bucket heaters sitting in 2 five gallon buckets to raise the temp while I was unloading or setting up. Then when I was cleaning I would have the buckets heating the next batch of HOT water. It worked great. You do need to be careful with the bucket heaters because of fire hazard.

Mister Sir

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Inline heaters work pretty well. If you have cold water coming in you will only get warm out. But if you have hot water coming in you will have 20-30 degree hotter water. Thats what I found anyway.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Brite n Clean;

I agree with Jay.

Two bucket heaters can run on other electrical circuits.

That leaves enough electrical power to operate a hi-perf portable.

Larry Cobb

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bucket heaters in separate buckets then when added to the extractor will burn up yous pump.

Axe me how me knows.

jeffvanburen

I purchased a inline heater and found it to be a waste of money be glad to sell it to you I have used it twice HydroForce unit

Greenie

Why not just buy an LP heater cart and quit dickin' around?

Or build one from a hand truck yourself, it's just a #2 Little Giant and a 5 gal LP bottle.

When you go from luke warm water to HOT water you will smack yourself for not doing it sooner.

And change out your wand jets to bigger ones.

GRHeacock

In line heaters are not all the same. Some are better than others. Mine was a US Products brand that would deliver 180 degrees.

When doing high rise jobs with my portable, or some lock in jobs, I found mine would have a rise of 30 to 50 degrees, depending on the incoming heat.

It is a lot quicker and easier to use, in my opinion than messing with a bucket heater.

I would also use it occasionally in the winter with my Truck Mount, to raise the delivered temp to the wand when the temp coming from the Truck Mount was cooled too much outside.

Gary

Heat in your Portable

When I had my portable with external 2000 watt heat, I came up with something that worked pretty well.

IF YOUR PUMP CAN TAKE IT, then as soon as you bring in your portable on the job, fill up the tank with hot water. While you are doing the rest of your set up, Run your water through the heater and back into your tank. This can get your water close to the temp that you'll be cleaning with. Your pump can easily keep it around 200 then.

Jeremy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom