In the market for a spotting machine

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've been without one for a while. Can't take it any more and need to get something.

Any recommendations? My main concern is ability to repair. I don't want one that requires the hands of a five year old to access parts. Something easy to work on is key.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
How much money do you want to spend?
The Tempo is a very good spotter machine. About the only one I sell. $ for $ it is the best little machine available.$449 and free shipping
S300-Photo.gif

Next if you want a bigger machine with Heat then you step up to the Mytee Lite 2 $899 and free shipping
8070-Photo.gif

We CAN sell all the other ones as well. Century 400,Olympus etc but I haven't sold any of those since I started stocking the Tempo. I even gave one to my sons mom to clean up after the kids and the cat and dog. I havent' had ANY problems what so ever. Oh and I make the least off the Tempo then all the others so if you want one of the other ones I'm ok with that too I could use making a couple extra bucks shiteatinggrin

Edited to add teh both come with vac/sol hose and a cheap upholstery tool

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Daddy said:
I wonder if anyone makes a model with a clear tank or opaque one so you can either see the incoming or see at a glance the levels of solution?

You can see the dirty water in the tempo

Name
John LaBarbera
Danny Strickland said:
can that Mytee Lite II have a more powerful pump and vac motor???

What's your real name? Tim "Tool Man" Taylor? The Mytee lite has 100 psi with heat and plenty of vacuum on one cord and only uses 15 amps.

Originally, we were going to put a 427 ci big block in it to turn a 59 blower and 3000 psi pump but the name vortex was already taken.

The Preacher

is that 100PSI on a demand pump, like .6gal min? I like to be able to flush upholstery when needed.

whats the next machine up from that with higher flow/vac and a heater???

Name
John LaBarbera
Danny Strickland said:
is that 100PSI on a demand pump, like .6gal min? I like to be able to flush upholstery when needed.

Change the jet. The pumps wide open flow is 1.25 gpm. BTW both come with s/s hand tool. 8' hose on the Tempo, 15' on the Mytee-lite

The Preacher

will the heater keep up and the vac recover if the flowit increased???

how do you change a jet on a PMF internal detailer???

Name
John LaBarbera
Danny Strickland said:

The next larger is the HP 60 spyder. If you want heat the Mytee-lite is perfect for spotting and upholstery. Auto detail techs. love that unit.

Name
John LaBarbera
Danny Strickland said:
will the heater keep up and the vac recover if the flowit increased???

how do you change a jet on a PMF internal detailer???

Always have had plenty of heat with an upholstery tool especially if you start with hot tap water. Most detailers only have cold and I have heard no complaints. Ask PMF they may have a larger jet.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
rctpks said:
John what's the solution and recovery on the little one?
The Tempo is 1.5gl Perfect for spotting but I wouldn't try to clean anything bigger then a recliner with it.

The Mytee Lite 2 is the favorite for the auto detail guys.

Danny you can change the jet size of the PMF tool.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
But can I fix the fugging thing myself if it just so happens to take a dump?

I don't want to hire a midget from the unemployment line to get his hands in there.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
When and if it breaks it will be time to buy a new one anyway so what are you worried about? Oh and yes you can take it apart and fix it. Wait ummm you can send it back to me and we'll fix it for you.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":fdrzzdy6]
Daddy said:
Will there be some real sales for the holidays?

$299?

Daddy, your bad!

How does $349.00 sound. Ordered it from your favorite dist. Add $25.00 for ups 3 day and Mytee will ship it. This is only til 12/23/09[/quote:fdrzzdy6]
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: John you never cease to amaze me. So how many of you want them?

Name
Nate W.
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":vdbh1sc1]
Daddy said:
Will there be some real sales for the holidays?

$299?

Daddy, your bad!

How does $349.00 sound. Ordered it from your favorite dist. Add $25.00 for ups 3 day and Mytee will ship it. This is only til 12/23/09[/quote:vdbh1sc1]

Wait for it.............

Wait for it.................

Even to Hawaii???? shiteatinggrin I have 2 of the tempo's...... Very good machine with good spray and suck.... We've made 100x our money back from the small price of it. I thought all cleaners had a spotter. I sure as hell wouldn't be without one.... 2 things I had to replace in over 5 years was the o-ring for the dump and 1 female quick connect. I also leave the hose on the machine and use 2 pieces of velcro attached to the side for the lid of the recovery tank (in order for it to dry and not smell foul) :wink:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The ones I have personal experience with, Dirk;

I have the HF one common to Interlink distys and use it regularly for synthetic upl
it's OK and it's paid for it's self many times over by cleaning upl
with the tool provided I can clean a full size sofa + some on one tank

I know this is a good one too.

http://www.***************/store/portab ... 9_571.html

I got it for one of our regular custys with several dogs and couple cats that seem to puke a lot.
I used it for a day or two to check it out before I sold it to him.
He's had it 8 (?) years now and uses it between cleanings and also to detail his vehicles and motor home.
It's still going strong and is a good spotter
It has better vac/suck and is set up better than the HF IMO
It lacks the tank capacity of it though

2 gal isn't enough for upl

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Bump!! This is a great deal if you are in need of a spotter!! Only 5 days left to order so hurry up already! Almost wish mine would crap out so I could justify a new one!
John LaBarbera said:
How does $349.00 sound. Ordered it from your favorite dist. Add $25.00 for ups 3 day and Mytee will ship it. This is only til 12/23/09

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
dick i have a brand new pro chem which i won
we already have one
make ya a good deal on it
Randy 864-617-4504

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom