Indoor fogging against Corona virus

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
There is a carpet cleaning company in my town who advertises indoor fogging against corona virus. Does anybody else here offer that? Does that work and if so what kind of equipment would I need? Or is is a scam playing on peoples paranoia?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Fogging a disinfectant is overkill for Covid-19 in carpet. It would be mostly ineffective. To do it safely would require wearing protective clothing, gloves, and a respirator. Are they doing that? It sounds like they're cashing in on people's fear.

Here's a link to a document I wrote that touches on this.

And here's a video on this too.

Reactions: KSL

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Schools are getting fogged or whatever to feel like they are doing something. I would imagine businesses that want to stay open are going to do the same...to reassure their employees so they will show up to work.
I remember the scare in the 80' s or 90's called Sick Building Syndrome. Lot of cleaning jobs came out of that. We didn't look for those jobs though. Was mostly Building Managers trying to reassure building tenants.
Imagining this is a good time to own a ServPro or Service Master Franchise.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I though so, but I wanted to run it by you guys because the local cleaner who does that has been in business much longer than I have. He has been sort of a mentor to me. So it is somebody who I respect. I didn't think he would need to get business based on fear.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Indoor fogging is only beneficial in the contact zone; head high to knees. Because most disinfectants are toxic, corrosive or a respiratory hazard, you have to be pretty careful where and how you spray. It is also a temporary knock down, NOT a cure and it works best on cleaned surfaces where the biofilm has been disrupted.

So I guess it all boils down to what your friend is saying and claiming. I am offering it to a local nursing home that is worth thousands/year to me and I make it clear that no claims are being made. I am also offering it to them at only slightly above my costs, because these $145/room guys are *ssholes.
My reasoning is that it will only help if they can afford regular applications. Also, I am a crap brokedick businessman with a soft heart for the elderly. Curses!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m charging pretty much actual cost, because I’m doing it on rotating basis. Not trying to hit a home run, but I am because I’m pricing it correctly.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom