Industry Changes

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
In the last 5 years what changes have you noticed in the industry ? Marketing trends, equipment, tools. Positive or negative.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There used to be only certifications that proved you knew something, and you wanted to attain them as a mark of professionalism. Now there are lots of certifications that mean nothing, but the groups that offer them are trying to force you to buy them.

The green trend in cleaning marketing, which is being done by everyone, so we're nearing the green burnout stage for customers.

Using social networking to drive people to your web site. Good if you put up a decent page, then what?

Very recently the poor economy has people with money trying to haggle over price. I think this will continue for some time after the rebound. The poor economy also has people willing to buy Triexta instead of nylon to save a few bucks. They can replace it once their portfolio is stronger.

G

The Great Oz said:
There used to be only certifications that proved you knew something, and you wanted to attain them as a mark of professionalism. Now there are lots of certifications that mean nothing, but the groups that offer them are trying to force you to buy them.

The green trend in cleaning marketing, which is being done by everyone, so we're nearing the green burnout stage for customers.

Using social networking to drive people to your web site. Good if you put up a decent page, then what?

Very recently the poor economy has people with money trying to haggle over price. I think this will continue for some time after the rebound. The poor economy also has people willing to buy Triexta instead of nylon to save a few bucks. They can replace it once their portfolio is stronger.

Great insight. Especially when I thought Seattle was immune to the economy (from what I heard anyways). It's true.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The technical support an customer service at Interlink Supply / Bridgepoint / hydroforce has really improved in the last 5 years and 6 weeks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom