Ink removal

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I was using ink Removal from Chemeisters and I’m down to my last two bottles. That stuff worked well. Unfortunately they have shut down.
Thought to try Pigout. Does it work?
Matrix from JD i heard is so so.

Any thoughts on ink removals?

F

FB7777

Ink removal? LMAO

Cleaning 101

My first impression of you confirmed 😂

25 years ago I was in Portugal at my wife’s Aunts house and her 2 year old son scribed his name on her brand new couch and I removed it with hairspray

Isopropyl alcohol

#IckeancarpetsandbarelyknowwtfImdoing

New moniker

How many years you been in business?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was using ink Removal from Chemeisters and I’m down to my last two bottles. That stuff worked well. Unfortunately they have shut down.
Thought to try Pigout. Does it work?
Matrix from JD i heard is so so.

Any thoughts on ink removals?
I've used the water based ink exit from chemspec. Works slow but gets the job done.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
  1. Pre spray stained area with a solution of diluted CTI Power Gel (20:1).
  2. Agitate gently but thoroughly to emulsify the ink spot.
  3. Hot water extract to rinse the spot, and leave carpet as dry as possible by blotting with a dry towel.
If that doesn't get it all, you can also hit it with some CTI Pro-Solve Gel (then repeat the steps above).

Last edited:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Ink removal? LMAO

Cleaning 101

25 years ago I was in Portugal at my wife’s Aunts house and her 2 year old son scribed his name on her brand new couch and I removed it with hairspray

Isopropyl alcohol

New moniker

The wiser I get the lazier I become. Chemeister was the bomb for me....slowly put on then rinse. Done.
I wish I had bought a few cases right after they shut down and JD had it in stock....D’Oh.....Homer Simpson moment.

Reactions: Mikey P

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I remember about 4 years ago did a empty home just sold. Last room next to the front door. You know the room that often is used as an office soon as you walk in. As I’m cleaning I’m noticing these black spots what appeared to be two ink spots the size of a quarter. Poured my magic and the spot become larger. The more I scrubbed rinse, the larger it became. Next thing I know there where multiple bigger spots all over this light beige carpet. Used everything but a kitchen sink. Half of the room was a mess. All I did was hwe and then these black spots appeared. Stayed there an extra hour trying to deal with that mess. Finally gave up and called the realtor, sent pics and told him that room was a waste. Got paid but never found out how it was resolved bewteen the seller and buyer moving in.

I suspected that room may have been used as a hair salon for women and hair dye droplets may have been impeded into the carpet so hwe reactivated it. It’s the only thing I can think of. That end of a long day was something else.

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

Encap-Spot will also take out a lot of ink spots.
Isopropyl Alcohol

D71D6324-4CEF-4798-8566-C390F85562EB.png

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

Ink removal? LMAO

Cleaning 101

Isopropyl alcohol

New moniker

So you keep hairspray handy?

Goo gone is all I use now.

F

FB7777

YFP

When you are in the Azores in 1997 , staying with family and their son destroys your hosts sofa , In a pinch I used hairspray

It’s a tiny island, there wasn’t a Home Depot selling goo gone on an end cap

Let alone an interlink supplier

Reactions: SamIam and steve_64

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
YFP

When you are in the Azores in 1997 , staying with family and their son destroys your hosts sofa , In a pinch I used hairspray

It’s a tiny island, there wasn’t a Home Depot selling goo gone on an end cap

Let alone an interlink supplier

I was visiting Nova Scotia a few years back, and was kindly invited to stay in a cabin in a remote part of the province.

My hostess happened to mention how nice it would be if I could help her clean some of the rugs in the place.

(And I thought she invited me for my charm and good looks)

A trip to a grocery store, hardware store, then a pharmacy got me the needed products and spotters, and I ended up cleaning with a Rug Doctor that somehow found it's way to the little village hardware store.

Its interesting what you can do when you have to "make do"

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was visiting Nova Scotia a few years back, and was kindly invited to stay in a cabin in a remote part of the province.

My hostess happened to mention how nice it would be if I could help her clean some of the rugs in the place.

(And I thought she invited me for my charm and good looks)

A trip to a grocery store, hardware store, then a pharmacy got me the needed products and spotters, and I ended up cleaning with a Rug Doctor that somehow found it's way to the little village hardware store.

Its interesting what you can do when you have to "make do"
I learned the hard way. Don't bring your truck mount to a party. Better yet, never let your friends know what you do for a living

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Seriously not all ink is created equal, just cause you got lucky on a sofa and thought you were a hero.

I had a small drop in carpet explode ended up patching it.

You can see the size of the ink spot in the pad.

View attachment 115320 View attachment 115321
That's why you want to use a gelled product. In a pinch you can use hand sanitizer with a 70 percent or greater alcohol content. Doesn't work on all inks.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That's why you want to use a gelled product. In a pinch you can use hand sanitizer with a 70 percent or greater alcohol content. Doesn't work on all inks.
Power gel stain 1 and pro solve liquid.

The smallest pinhead exploded.

Wasn't a ball point ink either.

I've never had luck with ink exit.

A cuff and hand sanitizer has worked. lol

Last edited:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Seriously not all ink is created equal, just cause you got lucky on a sofa and thought you were a hero.

I had a small drop in carpet explode ended up patching it.

You can see the size of the ink spot in the pad.

View attachment 115320 View attachment 115321
Your right on that….As i said a few threads up….had a situation that appeared small ink no problem….ended up half the room was inundated with The Blob.

Reactions: SamIam

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Work from the perimeter of the spot first, and very gradually move toward the center — as you carefully blot the spot into a towel. If you saturate a spot, the spot is likely to migrate outward, leaving you with a larger spot than you started with. This rule applies when you’re working with ANY challenging spot.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
What Encapman said, but wet out around the outside of the perimeter first. This is to to reduce the chances of an ink run when you wet the actual spot.
Other thing I've found is that you sometimes need a combination of solvents. e.g Perco and Chemspec dry fabric solvent, followed by a wet pog solvent.
roro

Reactions: encapman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom