Ink Spots Blowing Up

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Happened to me twice in the last month. Both times did not realize they were ink spots. See a little colored spot hit it with a spotter turns out to be a ink spot. Spot just blows up I get some of it out but looks worse then before I started cleaning the area. One of these days someone I am going to be buying sum carpet. What do u do to avoid this and I can never get ink out?

Golden Boy

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
stop adding water immediately and spot it out with solvent and your vacuum. works for me almost every time. the water stops the solvent from getting to the spot and doing it's job. i removed a dinner plate ink stain the other day using that technique.

gene

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
stop adding water as soon as you see its ink, then get your solvents out. I will put Orangel on the spot, then work with Alsolv and vacuum. The Orangel displaces the water and allows me to work the ink.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Waldo, stop immediately Take stain magic, or non sudsing ammonia and surround the ink stain with it, stain magic would be better to use. That will keep it from spreading further.

If you already know its ink, do the same thing, it'll keep the ink where you want it, and will allow for easier removal.

Then a solvent and vacuum only. Use stain magic to remove any remaining stain after ward.

Able 1

Name
Keith
And you judge who's in the top 25??? :lol: Rookie.. hey Marty, blow me

Do as Hoody says and it won't spread. I have only seen it do that when it was "Indian Ink" or ultra concentrated. Ball point pen ink usually come out with Fels.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh hey...thanks for asking.....

i only see 1 maybe each year....had one earlier this year...was pissing me off....didnt think about the no water....woot learned something new

Able 1

Name
Keith
And if you keep trying with a solvent you will delaminate the backing, and REALLY make it look like shit..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We would surround the ink spot with a liquid oxidizer.

Use a aerosol vandalism solvent or POG (no delamination) on the ink spot.

Extract with a spotting claw.

Larry

steve g

Name
steve garrett
everyone saying grab the solvent often times its using solvent that makes it explode. if you keep adding solvent often times it will lighten it but not take it out. I find 40 volume peroxide spiked with ammonia often works wonders on these spots and often will take them out just by itself.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Had this exact thing happen today. Hit it with PIG from Bridgepoint and used the vacuum. Came right out. The customer was watching when it happened. Staying calm on my part is worth a million dollars. Acted like it was no big deal went and got the PIG. Inside I was thinking "crap, I hope this comes out".

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Hoody said:
Waldo, stop immediately Take stain magic, or non sudsing ammonia and surround the ink stain with it, stain magic would be better to use. That will keep it from spreading further.

If you already know its ink, do the same thing, it'll keep the ink where you want it, and will allow for easier removal.

Then a solvent and vacuum only. Use stain magic to remove any remaining stain after ward.

I was going to give the same answer except substitute StainZone for Stain Magic. That Hoody is one smart guy.

The ammonia / Stain Magic / StainZone keeps the ink from spreading. Use it to build a wall around the spot ebfore you apply your solvents. No water on the ink until you have removed all you can with the solvent and dry extraction.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
scottw said:
Hoody said:

I was going to give the same answer except substitute StainZone for Stain Magic. That Hoody is one smart guy.

The ammonia / Stain Magic / StainZone keeps the ink from spreading. Use it to build a wall around the spot ebfore you apply your solvents. No water on the ink until you have removed all you can with the solvent and dry extraction.

why do that when 40 volume and ammonia makes essentially the same product. or some sodium percarbonate and ammonia also does the same thing.

S

sam miller

The thing I do is use my spotters and pipe with my hose straight up pulling ink out not spredding it! My cookie cutter workes really well also! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom