Inked Help

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I hired a really nice young guy. Very polite,clean cut, great eye for detail, hard worker, little on the puny side, but a definite keeper. The only thing is one arm is inked pretty thick. Although he's 23 he looks years younger and some of my older customers comment on them. A Jewish property manager was somewhat appalled. Whadda you do? Buy him long sleeve shirts? I don't care personally, but it seems to affect my conservative customers.

Bob Foster

That's OK, the other half of your customers hate old guys... :lol:

I say, keep him because good help is hard to find. Hey, its Vancouver the land of diversity.

As he (if he) matures into the job he will win people over by his professionalism.

You probably never saw the tats before you hired him, or did you?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
really nice young guy. Very polite,clean cut, great eye for detail, hard worker, little on the puny side, but a definite keeper
with all those great attributs he shouldn't have too hard a time winning them over.......
tatts are nothing anymore ...UNLESS they're a spyder web...
then cut the lozer loose!

Bob Foster

If you hired him and knew of the tats then you owe him cuz you basically gave him the "chance".

You could have hired someone that never shows their tats...

burka.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Willy P said:
A Jewish property manager was somewhat appalled.

why?
is it a swastika ??? :shock:

Can't help on this one, Willy .
I'm personally not a big fan of scarring the body
but only YOU can decide what kind of dress code to enforce
in an effort to please every bigot :lol:

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I personally don't gas, but I've always had a policy of keeping them covered, out of the 5 guys I've hired since owning the biz 4 had tats of some degree.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
one of the first questions i ask on the phone , non-smoking, no tats and no visible piercings. WE deal with to many retired folks here that are set in their ways.

gene

Willy P

Name
Willy P
meAt said:
Willy P said:
A Jewish property manager was somewhat appalled.

why?

..L.T.A.

Jewish folk don't like tats because of the history of why THEY were tattooed.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Willy P said:
I hired a really nice young guy. Very polite,clean cut, great eye for detail, hard worker, little on the puny side, but a definite keeper. The only thing is one arm is inked pretty thick. Although he's 23 he looks years younger and some of my older customers comment on them. A Jewish property manager was somewhat appalled. Whadda you do? Buy him long sleeve shirts? I don't care personally, but it seems to affect my conservative customers.

Bill,
It is not so much if you care or not. It's about, do your clients care or not.
If more than a few do, it is a feedback and you need to think about your business.
Definitely long sleeve and hopefully they can be won over if he's great.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Willy P said:
meAt said:
[quote="Willy P":2enmb2dm]A Jewish property manager was somewhat appalled.

why?

..L.T.A.

Jewish folk don't like tats because of the history of why THEY were tattooed.[/quote:2enmb2dm]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

much like everyone else that has some sort of gripe......THEY need to get over it....

Blacks
japs
women
etc.....

quit blamming your issues on someone else...

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
tats arent no big deal anymore unless their just tasteless. My best employee has a full sleeve on one arm. He is very professional and well spoken. My clients love him.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
one of the first questions i ask on the phone , non-smoking, no tats and no visible piercings. WE deal with to many retired folks here that are set in their ways.

Do you have anyone working for you?

We used to have the same policy Gene, but now we've adjusted our policy to no tats on the neck or face and no piercings for guys, only earrings for women. If I had a choice, I would not like any of my emps to have tats, but it's not possible here. I have nothing against them. It doesn't define the person. I have a guy that looked like the lead singer for Judas Priest. I had him remove all his earrings and chubs and such and he is a really good guy.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Larry..........smokers breath is WAY WORSE than ANY tatt i can imagine !gotcha!
you guys THINK you can jus put it out.....and it's OK...
WRONG...that stench follows you....for quite a while...and i guarantee that Mrs Phifft SMELLS you when you walk in the door......

unless you showered in some quat out in the truck first........

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
bob vawter said:
Larry..........smokers breath is WAY WORSE than ANY tatt i can imagine !gotcha!
you guys THINK you can jus put it out.....and it's OK...
WRONG...that stench follows you....for quite a while...and i guarantee that Mrs Phifft SMELLS you when you walk in the door......

unless you showered in some quat out in the truck first........

I agree, smoking is WAY more of a custy turn off than tats, at least out here.

Take care,
Lisa

Connor

Name
Connor
Willy P said:
Jewish folk don't like tats because of the history of why THEY were tattooed.

Not all Jewish people were given forced tattoos or endured a holocaust, it might be because of what it says in Leviticus 19:28 or possibly his Jewishness has nothing to do with it at all, he just might not like tattoos. He can't expect a special provision just because of his Jewishness.

Ask him if he minds if you eat bacon. :lol:

I hired a guy once that came to the interview wearing long sleeves and ever day there after he wore a thermal undershirt under his uniform shirt ( this was in January). A few days after I hired him, I pulled on a job to do a spot check on him and he had his sleeves rolled up. I was shocked to see how many tattoos he had, but he got to keep his job until he got fired for being a slacker.

I don't think that it's too much to ask for him to wear long sleeves if he has offensive tattoos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom