Inline filter Fun Facts (nsfw)

Mikey P

Administrator
DV is shorter.

20130309_091010_zps94b46839.jpg

RC99 weighs in at 10.6 pounds
DV is 8.0

20130309_090935_zpsc6f24b21.jpg

Screen Filter from the RC 99 fits into the DV better than it does into the RC, not that it matters, just interesting.

20130309_091646_zps2d03c4f7.jpg

20130309_091611_zps570d2469.jpg

DV fits into tighter spaces better.

20130309_091828_zpsaecea18f.jpg

20130309_091846_zps7dcef5a5.jpg

I'll speculate and say that the black bag may last longer then the screen as it is very well made. Do not base your decision on this observation.

20130309_091358_zps044b4557.jpg

20130309_091420_zps2d447306.jpg

20130309_091441_zps7bcb3989.jpg

20130309_091519_zps4f2a5d93.jpg

I personally like the DV better because:

PVC will take a drop better
PVC does not need to be Sheila Shined every day to prevent fuglyness.
It does not leak the second the vacuum is turned off.
It's shorter and stands on end
The black bag, which I did not go into this knowing about, appears to be superior to the screen tube.
No goop
I don't have to suck c*ck to buy one.

More views..

20130309_091043_zpsa7624aea.jpg

20130309_091112_zps7a0c9616.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Savage

EDS

Name
Ed
Hey Guys,

Im trying to decide what type of DV to purchase> I run a Prochem Apex any suggestions? Should I go big,small 4td?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have both the big and the small. Go with the small. Only difference between the two is one is bigger.

The internal collection bag is the same size, so the amount it can collect is the same.

I see no difference is air flow between the two.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I have one of Joes, and a DV... Since Feb, so some things MAY have changed....these are just what I see on mine....

i am going to add 2 bits to this....been wanting to do pics and a video, just 2 damn busy...

Joes has a swivel for your connection on the back (female) The DV Does not

besides fitting better, the DV has a nice smooth edge that wont rip the (as I call it) the goodie bag....Joes does....from what I hear Joe has fixed this issue with a rubber ring around it...but i havent asked for it, nor seen it....

The Dev collects hairs from pets that go through the goodie bag, and fine silt which can reduce air flow and needs to be cleaned out with a JET on the end of a fitting, not just a simple rinse.....the metal basket also collects "stuff" and doesnt rinse out as well....BUT i think you can burn it off when dry....though never tried to yet....and it does NOT restrict flow.....

the DV stands on end better, as shown in the pictures, which is easier to change bags...but not a huge issue....

and they both leak...PERIOD....once you release VAC, even with the "tip at the end" method.....they both still loose that TIGHT vac seal and leak a little...

in the end they are both about the same....small little differences, some that make you nuts, and others you can live with.....

but neither is the PERFECT filter....but a lot better then any others out there

EDS

Name
Ed
I have both the big and the small. Go with the small. Only difference between the two is one is bigger.

The internal collection bag is the same size, so the amount it can collect is the same.

I see no difference is air flow between the two.

Any difference in going with the 4 to the door model compared to just one hose?

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Dev collects hairs from pets that go through the goodie bag, and fine silt which can reduce air flow and needs to be cleaned out with a JET on the end of a fitting, not just a simple rinse.....the metal basket also collects "stuff" and doesnt rinse out as well....BUT i think you can burn it off when dry....though never tried to yet....and it does NOT restrict flow.....

the DV stands on end better, as shown in the pictures, which is easier to change bags...but not a huge issue....

All filters collect hair. That's what they are supposed to do. Neither of my Dev filters have a metal basket. They both have cloth bags. The bags collect and trap debris to the point that I don't have to clean out my waste tank but about every month, and it never stinks like it used to.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
do you run the paint filter in it??

thats what i am talking about, it gets past the paint bag....

and mine doesnt stink either....though i always leave the valve open anyway

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, I run a paint gun filter bag inside the primary filter bag ... as recommended.

Yes, it has to be cleaned out every day, which is a MUCH better experience than climbing inside the van to clean out the waste tank filter.

Sure the bag will eventually get clogged with debris, if it didn't then it wouldn't be doing it's job.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
I'm happy with the RC99. It serves its purpose to keep debris from the waste tank. Why is it such a big deal of who's better? They both do the same thing, although one looks better & cost less. As long as we're away from cfm robbing pool style filters right?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think the comparisons are a natural occurance when the RC filter dude has made so many enemies around the industry. While the differences between the two are probably nominal, when he puts the bipolar personality into play, it makes all the difference in the world.

It's only natural.

Reactions: Mikey P

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I just remembered 1 negative of the DEV....

if you have cleaned areas with light grossness...yet lots of fine dirt....like offices...

then the air flow makes it coat the whole liner, instead of being pulled to the back....

case in point last night...on the 2nd job I lost suction....go out to look, and not very full at all...but had a light coating over the liner...

oh which you can tell if you wash it back (lots of stuff) and when you put the face back on (at least mine is clear) with the clear face....you see the turbulence scatter it...

just a thought

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Mikey P

Administrator
I think the comparisons are a natural occurance when the RC filter dude has made so many enemies around the industry. While the differences between the two are probably nominal, when he puts the bipolar personality into play, it makes all the difference in the world.

It's only natural.

Same reason Flash Cuffs will become the go to cuff of choice for normal humans

hogjowl

Idiot™
For those who refuse to prevacuum, it's a good idea to take a couple of additional $1.50 filter bags alone to change out during those "bad" jobs.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
We all use what works best for us right? Freedom of opinion is allowed and that is my only motive from my post. I am not trying to sell anyone on any products. Just showing the other side of the coin.

EDS

Name
Ed
Can someone give me a link to where I can order a small devastator filter???

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Definition of junk:Noun
Old or discarded articles that are considered useless or of little value.

Example:
A flat-bottomed sailing vessel typical in China and the East Indies, with a prominent stem, a high stern, and lugsails used on dry desert land.

null-13.jpg

EDS

Name
Ed
Use the mouse pointer and hover it over the word Devastator.

Yeah except he only has the large model. A couple weeks ago MB had an auction for one which was half the price. I want a SMALL filter not large. Cant seem to find one on his website anymore.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
why in the world do you guys wanna plug up a hose run...
the only filter involved should be the inner SS filter in the WT.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom