Inline filter Fun Facts (nsfw)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh and also....

still keep your blower filter checked and rinsed.....

it still gets linty shit in it....

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I just remembered 1 negative of the DEV....

if you have cleaned areas with light grossness...yet lots of fine dirt....like offices...

then the air flow makes it coat the whole liner, instead of being pulled to the back....

case in point last night...on the 2nd job I lost suction....go out to look, and not very full at all...but had a light coating over the liner...

oh which you can tell if you wash it back (lots of stuff) and when you put the face back on (at least mine is clear) with the clear face....you see the turbulence scatter it...

just a thought
You are 100% correct, I have sold a few filters to cleaners in Florida, they were cleaning beach front rentals and the fine sand was clogging the filter or (white Liner)
When cleaning restaurants or any job with a lot of grease. The white liners are poly and just like poly carpet they love oil.
So what we tell guys is take the white liner out, the HD bag will still give you decent filtration and let the finer greasy stuff pass, in fact some guys don't use the white liners as they feel the bag is good enough, I myself want to keep my blower filter as clean as long as possible, every time I go into my tank my waste tank gasket has to be fixed:madder: so I only crack the b twice a year.
With BJ's filter you HAVE TO run the liner as the holes in the SS basket are 1/4 and wont filter much at all, and as the liner clogs the airflow is going to go around the front of the basket as there is about 1/2 gap. Mine has a gap also just not as big. so you may think the airflow is lasting longer its really more than likely going around the outside of his basket and not filtering at all.
But the truth is they are just filters, young guys don't mind climbing over hot TM to get to there basket and a lot of newer tm's have a decent filter box that is easy to get to.
I'm 41, fat and I played hard in my youth and my body is feeling it more now, so for me it is much easier to take care of it out side the van.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
39 going on 40....and i dont have to climb over anything.....but its still a pain to remember..(mind going with age)

in truth there is no "perfect" filter or perfect chem, or perfect tool......

just like cell phones...you pick and choose what you put up with...

they both work great for me....cept what i posted above....

and spraying that mesh bag out is a bitch....ill take tossing the goody bag any day over having to dump and flush the mesh out anyday

Reactions: Ken Snow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom