inline filters? Who uses them who doesn't

brocksdad

I just upgraded to 2.5 from waste tank out 50' and ordered 50' more feet. Who uses inline filters and who is going comando on the inline filters. I have thought about 2.5 inline pool filter but I just don't want to waste the money I would think going with out would be the best drying wise????

The Preacher

if you don't use an APO, without is fine. just be sure to put a stocking over the end of your dump hose to catch the junk!!!

John Watson

We hooked ours up in such a way that I can't run without it unless I just leave the filter and knee high out of the container. Shore keeps alot of hair and stuff out of the tank Drill the bottom like Jim M said

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you set it up right you can clean all day and not have to worry about changing the nylon.......
and not losing hardly any vacuum.....

Keeps all your water filtered for dumping and your waste tank a lot cleaner........

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm back to using mine inline that I had built. The filter in the tank needs to tweaking, too hard to clean, plus I like keeping all the junk out of the tank.
Time to design a really fine mesh filter that will take a LONG time to fill up.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have Greenies 2.5" filter, I just use the filter sock with a nylon in it

you will notice some restriction in the sound but to me it is worth it to run it, I really don't notice any difference in dry times

hogjowl

Idiot™
Doodaddy makes a darn good box filter that will suit your needs. The one he built for me is what you probably want. Mine is 2.5 in and 2.5 out. It won't lose suction even when full.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
I use one of the pool style reversed but I sourced an inner that has a double stainless mesh - one coarse and then one fine.
Doing a fair amount of wool I found that if we didn't use an inline we would have to often stop several times during a job to clear the truckmount's filter.

roro

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
roro said:
I use one of the pool style reversed but I sorced an inner that has a double stainless mesh one coarse and one fine.

roro

try that it works much better.......the other pictures are back up top.......

I got screwing around and boldly went where no man should go and lost them all

IMG_3441.jpg

100_3749.jpg

100_3750.jpg

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I have been using knee hi-s since about 82,when I worked for The Butler Carpet Cleaners.Then we would just insert into tank elbow and rubber band it.Drawback was you had to insert your hand into the waste tank,and get some nasty drips on ya...lol

But we use a pool filter similar to Jim Martin's set up now.But the mesh filter in not utilized,we just insert over the outer end and cuff it so it only reaches to about 3-4 inches from the end...So when she fills she does not constrict airflow.

I like Jims, idea about drilling holes in the back of the filter,very professional images might I add...

But here we do use a filter,we have a hourly change for the knee hi-s.They are smaller to remove and restriction,I feel becomes minimal...

The ones Butler used to sell were very heavy duty,but some what expensive about 3-5 dollars per,I think ?

So I became the only man alive who bought more panty hose then women...lol...

I believe it was the lack of a stronger knee hi that lead me to change them more often ???

I tried it with the matrix defender filter when it was introduced around 86-90 ???

But the barrel was too wide about 1.5 feet or so,an it warped so it would not seal properly ...

It opened by 2 latches,originally came with a mesh filter bag but the slots to line it up were to shallow.An many times you would open it to find the mesh bag anywhere else.But were it was meant to sit ???

But for a higher cfm machine properly built it might have been very sweet...imagine a barrel cut length wise that clamped back together...A 2 inch barb on each side.It also lacked a arrow feature,so you could quite easily reverse it with out knowing .So it as other non roadtest items phased out of the catalogs...

With a little better field testing ,It might have made the big leagues.But it was introduced around the same time as the pool version.The rest is history...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Jim ,can you also elaborate on the gasket on the kool kuffs what type material they are,etc...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I really do not know I was not involved in that part of making this and I never really looked at them closely.....

You would have to ask Joe that question.....

G

Only used one when had the prowler; Nixed it when got recoil setup; Doesn't really matter as danny said; just keep tank clean and use basket to make dumping clean-up easier; or go to carwash to clean out tanks.

John Watson

Caesar, your lung capasity is increasing!!! :lol: :lol:

The Matrix Defender came out in 92-93, I still have 3-4 of them, (I was one of the testers for Dri Air Tec. who made them for JonDon)
besides the problems you mentioned, the waste water going through it if it got to hot the case ,being the shape that it was, would distort and it would loose it's seal and suck air real bad.

They would work excellant for filtering your waste water while you dump at the end of the day.

Thanks for reminding me about them, I will dig them out and take them to our CCINW SwapMeet in October. Maybe??????

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
The very reason we stopped using them.I went to was hit out one day with very hot water from the panel of the Butler.Wiped it dry put it back together.Distortion...

Smaller diameter, better plastic ,better slot for the filter bag.Its a winner...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom