inside diameter

would it be accurate to say that any pressure hose's true i.d would be less than the size of the hose. for example, a 1/4" is measured from the inside but each crimp reduces the i.d by about half....1/8" just wondering.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Never measured the ID of the fittings.

However, I'd suspect the most restriction are at the QDs and through the valve, no?

My TM came with 3/8" sol line.
I changed it over to 1/4.
Just don't see the need for 3/8" at normal carpet cleaning distances

..L.T.A.

i also use 1/4". that is what my tm came with years ago. i am slowly upsizing to 3/8" simply for the crimp reduction is less. the qd's probably are the biggest restricter after long hose runs. i did however change from the hydrolic qd over to the pressure washer ones, i do notice better flow on the over 150 feet hose runs. flow problems probably happen before it even gets to the hose.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The biggest concern I'd have with the pressure wash QDs would be if the collar gets bumped it can come uncoupled and pour HOT water everywhere.

Think I have couple 50ft lengths of new Goodyear 3/8" that came with my TM.
Pretty sure it came with stainless QDs too
If your interested, make me an offer i can't refuse

..L.T.A.

FastEddie

Great point Larry, I was giving it some thought lately on converting my QD's to flow-thru type pressure washing fittings and never gave it thought if the QD's did get lodged apart. That would be a nightmare.

i have to admit, that has crossed my mind. i am the sole operator of my tm, in 2 years it has not come close to happening, not that it would with you guys either, but i understand what you both mean. the flow isnt the only + with these pressure washer qd, it is also easy to drain the hoses in freezing weather, easy access to hot water without going to the truck, smaller, lighter, cheaper to buy. for me they work great....so far

steve r

actually my female qds would close if dislodged but not my male. the water that would drip out would be minimal.

Greenie

If you were really concerned about this small restriction on a "double shut off" QD, but wanted the protection of the double shut off, you would just use 3/8" QDs on 1/4" line, a simple oversizeing of the QD will give you your desired result.

In the end though, I think the frictional loss of the actual hose run will exceed the QD restrictions.

very true Greenie, much better flow on those 3/8ers. "406" just cannot be filled properly, i probably have to go down to 404's to get a little more pressure. i tested my single jet wand 11015 not 110015, the gpm was exactly the same as my 406's, about 2.8gpm @ 400psi

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom