Install - Aussie Style!

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
This is the new Isuzu NNR Truck with a custom designed low profile pantec to get into smaller places and underground carparks. You will notice another hinge on the lift up doors, this enables the doors to fold back in on themselves in case the vehicle is parked in a tight area and cannot fully open the doors up because of a wall or gardens etc. The pantec also has under body lock boxes and storage areas for various tools.
DSC01517.jpg

We installed the new PowerClean Diesel Genesis in the front compartment. The hose reel is filled up with 2.5" vacuum hose. Underneath the pantec, the checkerplate faceplate folds forward to show the live water feed hose reel, live Auto Pump Out hose reel and both the emulsifier/acid rinse chemical injection bottles. When folded down, this faceplate also acts as a step for hoping up inside the pantec.
DSC01510.jpg

You may have seen in the earlier photo that the roof has swing doors as well.
DSC01511.jpg

When these doors are open, you can simply stand up in the pantec, even though it is low profile. Servicing is a breeze with this type of configuration.
DSC01509.jpg

This is the rear view of the truck. The machine can obviously be operated with the rest of this rear compartment and it's 3 doors completely locked, keeping the valuable smaller stored safely. There is enough room for a Cimex and another type of scrubber/rotary in the right and left hand corners behind the racking and then can be tied to the pantec to secure them. There is racking in the middle between the right and left hand side frames about 600mm off the floor. These are to store air movers on. They can be removed if you are needing to carry alot of larger objects as well. The right and left hand side frames are designed to carry toolboxes, chemicals and other carpet cleaning/laying equipment.
DSC01502.jpg

This area sits on top of the rear right hand side frame. It is to make carrying long rugs/rolls of carpet easier. This continues right through to the front Truckmount bay of the pantec.
DSC01504.jpg

These three containers are for carrying nap lock/trims etc. The one on the left hand side again goes right through to the truckmount compartment as well. The top shelf between the left and right frames is for carrying smaller rugs. If however you need space to carry larger things, this entire shelf can be quickly taken out giving complete floor to roof access right down the middle of the rear cargo compartment.
DSC01505.jpg

Side view of the racking in the rear cargo compartment. Having gull wing doors in both sides means that you don't have to climb up in the pantec everytime you are chasing something.
DSC01499.jpg

Jim

TimP

That is one awesome set up. I can only dream of something set up so nicely!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Very sweet....... I think I am going to move to where you are........

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How much is a setup like that? in U.S. Dollars. I could only dream of having something that nice. i would have to wash and wax it every day.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi Jim,

Yeah, it is illegal to tint the windscreen if that is what you are talking about Jim. We are only allowed to put a clear UV tint on the windscreen. However on the side windows of the cab, we can put fairly black tint on them.

Jim

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Very Nice. I am very impressed. I don't know what else to say....

I'm going to google search how to teach a wallaby to steal a light-duty truck.

BRB

Lora Olson

WOW Jim! Once again, what a beautiful setup!! You guys do real quality craftsmanship!! Keep posting what you guys work on!! Maybe it'll inspire more over here to put together such nice rigs!!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Can the electric power poles in the roof be removed when it is necessary to get under low clearances?

Scott Warrington

John Watson

Young Jim,

Couple of questions there Mate, Will that folding step hold the likes of me and the Short One without buckling in the middle?

Won't those reels, even though they are for waste water and your incoming supply line, get a lot of road soils and mud from the tire splash?
Here in the US some of us take the waste hose into the home to the toilet so it has to be clean on the outside surface as well. Where is your solution line reel going to be placed? Looks like you have shelves behind the cleaning plant on the drivers side.

As I said before it still looks great, you all do great work and I believe it has inspired a lot of different renovations on our rigs. I know I have on mine.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
John, there are subtle hints there that yews Yanks don't pick up on :wink:

Most Ahtena's will know what I mean ;-)

The steps, ( YES, they will hold both yours & my weight :lol: ), are not really steps in the sense of the word.

Actually they are seats that one sits on to blow the froth off'n a couple of coldies after the job.

The lift up doors also are deceiving.

They aren't really doors at all, but sunshades to keep the sun off'n the techs; sitting underneath, suckin' on coldies.

Once more, the chemical jugs underneath, are in fact, eskies to keep our Bundy rum 'n coke in cans cold.

( Mine keeps my Black Douglas ( DOUG ) Scotch & coke in cans colder :wink: ).

The tubes attached to the roof hold extra stubby coolers to keep our grog cold, ( plus our tender hands don't get frost bite from the cans ).

The racks are also storage compartments for different slabs, ( Cartons of booze ).

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING ? WHAT PART OF NO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ??

Oops sorry, wrong forum , I just lost myself for a brief moment
:oops: :lol: :wink:

I'm outta here, goin' for a couple of Doug's at me mates place.

Ooroo :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Ron Werner said:
guess you don't have to worry about freezing down there, with the chem jugs underneath.
What's the capacities of the tanks?

Sorry Ron, I missed your and John's questions.

Fortunately we don't have to worry about freezing down here. So we can remote mount the chem bottles without any worries.

The bottles hold 20 litres each (5 gallons).

Jim

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
John Watson said:
Young Jim,

Couple of questions there Mate, Will that folding step hold the likes of me and the Short One without buckling in the middle?

Won't those reels, even though they are for waste water and your incoming supply line, get a lot of road soils and mud from the tire splash?
Here in the US some of us take the waste hose into the home to the toilet so it has to be clean on the outside surface as well. Where is your solution line reel going to be placed? Looks like you have shelves behind the cleaning plant on the drivers side.

Yes the folding step will hold You, Shorty and then some John.

Yes the reels will get grime on them. We can build them and enclose them completely, however, I don't know of anyone running the APO hose inside. We have alot of space over here you know :wink:

However, as these are all custom rigs, if someone wanted us to build it enclosed, we would do as they require. Yes, there is shelves behind the machine, it is to hold a portable, dehums and carpet laying tool boxes.

Thanks for the nice comments as well John. That is why I put these up here, to give others some ideas.

Jim

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
How's about 4 - 5 posts above :lol:

What are you on tonight Mikey :?:

Keep a bottle for me in September :wink:

Ooroo :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom