Insurance?

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
I know this has been discussed before and Im relatively new to Carpet Cleaning and going nuts with getting insurance.
Its horrible,no one gets back to you,alot dont carry business Insurance,
any advise or ideas out there?
What do you guys use?What are rates?etc,,,,
We got are auto insurance with Allstate but they gave me a high rate for business ins.
Thanx for help.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I have Zurich. 1 Mil liability, full coverage on the van $127 a month. Hopefully that gives you an anchor point to start. I had farmers, they were about the same.

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
Thats not bad.
Quote with allstate was $800/yr for $300.000 policy.
So you had Farmers and they have it? I was gonna look into them.
Its just myself,no employees,operated out of my house using my own vehicle.
Thanx

SamIam

Name
sam miller
have a million dollar policy $650 per year mercury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Thats not bad.
Quote with allstate was $800/yr for $300.000 policy.
So you had Farmers and they have it? I was gonna look into them.
Its just myself,no employees,operated out of my house using my own vehicle.
Thanx

A new start-up business can be tough to insure, if you have no track record. I have the business insurance, with a 3 mil liability, at under $500 a year, but the vehicle insurance adds a lot to the total policy. That part is about $2500. That's full coverage on the van and equipment. I also insure my private vehicle under the business because I use it to haul chems, equipment, and use it to do estimates. Get in an at fault accident with a vehicle that's not covered under your business, and it can be proved you were on a business call, (you know what Attorneys can trump up, not to mention your own insurance company), you're screwed! I've also got a 35 year track record with really only one claim. I backed into a custys vehicle.

Reactions: GCCLee

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
WOW thats a good price,Im checking with them now.
Found a local insurance company that carries it.
Thanx alot!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
If they ask you about experience, tell them about anything that could be considered related. I worked in a warehouse for 11 years and I would cover the janitor when he was gone. They considered that experience and it helped significantly.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
make sure on your gen liability you add a clause called custody and controll. This will cover you if you turn a clients carpet purple or green or mess up somthing your cleaning. Normally you are not covered if you dont ad this clause because the insurance views the item being cleaned to be in the custody of a professional. Kind of messed up if you ruin a sofa you wouldnt be covered but if you accidently knocked over a china cabinet while cleaning the sofa you would be covered . This clause costs me an extra 10 or 20 bucks a month and it is well worth it. I pay aroung 80 a month for gen liability about 2 mill but the work comp is what kills me. Just to keep work comp on me is around 2700 a year thanks to new legislation in the great state of missouri regarding owner operators

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
$780 for the biz insurance 2 mil liability. Crap, I'm paying too much!

Make sure your policy has an
inland marine clause. It's for your equipment other than the tm, if I remember right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom