Interlink aquiring some independent suppliers

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its a tough racket for sure.

All of them here make their money from schools, govt and corporations.
Contractors is just a side business basically.

Becker

Name
Becker
With Shawns big words he could fall head 1st out of a maple and land smoothly on his feet.

Assume he has found a new career?

And why interlink would drop him? unless he spent to much time in his phone.

At least locally when Jondon filled its hunger in the local area it retained much of the existing staff. And that's good for the customer. Well. In most cases.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Wow...that is not good... I feel sorry for Shawn if they really just got rid of him like that.

So, with all this "lest buy up indy supply stores" around here....what's next??

Am I seeing a portfolio force-fed to seem fat before the big sale? What would that mean for us in the field in the future?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I don't know anything about Shawns business but I assume he sold it willingly. I would also assume he made out and entered with his eyes open. He's probably the sharpest pencil in the box after all.

Gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
I don't know anything about Shawns business but I assume he sold it willingly. I would also assume he made out and entered with his eyes open. He's probably the sharpest pencil in the box after all.

Gene
It was never Shawn's biz. He was an employee. Deja' vu

Years ago he was a key Steam Genie employee, fired by new owner, who then drove it into the ground.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Exactly.. Shawn was an employee of CCCS that was owned by Tony Lima (sp?)

Question to Shawn: do you have the rights to the Kleenline products or was it CCCS' and you just helped in development?

Will interlink own those chemicals now and continue selling or is it going to be outta there?

I'm sure bunch of us could buy Kleenline chems if it means help to Shawn....

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Buying an established shop is cheaper than starting from scratch and competing, and maybe better for the independant than establishing a new store and slowly driving the independant out of business.

Shawn's a sharp guy and will likely be working before we're done frothing about it.

Reactions: Kirk Sample

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Nobody buys a business to leave it the same. When I hear the corporate "we are keeping the same fine people and management"....I know the bean counters are about to strike. I've seen it happen repeatedly.
Mostly it happens to redundant staff. Buyer may already have corporate accountants, webmasters... and doesn't need locals for those positions.

Sometimes corporations fire existing people simply because their talents weren't measureable using the buyer's rating system and find out (sometimes too late) that those people were the glue that made the place work.

I sure wish TCS would hire him.
For their Compton branch?

Reactions: Desk Jockey
F

FB7777

image.jpg

Check out our drive by " in the trunk" Interlink Compton specials

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Shawn is one of the good guys. I hope he finds something even better.

I wish you all the best Shawn.

Nothing like getting let go at Christmas

Reactions: Willy P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Interlink is a very well run company. So is Jon Don.
Consolidation is unavoidable in any industry, ours included. It may lead to tough competition or if history is an indication, to potential monopoly and price fixing. Yes, it is illegal, yet everybody knows it is done.

With my money, unless I have no choice, I buy from my local independent: Carpet Maintenance Supply- Ray. The fact that they have good prices and killer service, is an added bonus. I just like to do business with honest, friendly, small business owners, who always try to help and are just like most of us here.

People like Ray at CMS, john- Superior Cleaning Solutions and others that I am not familiar or do business with, yet are independent top notch owners, should have our support.

Mikey P

Administrator
Some clarity on this..

Interlink only bought the Fresno location that Shawn's boss owned. It was he (Tony Lema) that let Shawn go, NOT Interlink corporate. I assumed they bought all 5 shops but I assumed wrong.

It should be made clear that the two other independents came to Interlink offering the sale and not the other way around. Employees and owners are staying on board in those two cases.

let it be known that MB is up for sale and that Fred and Myself are available to continue to run TWGCCF for a negotiable rate.

Able 1

Name
Keith
If they buy MB expect it to crash and burn, just like the rest..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom