Interlink shipping prices are crazy!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Why do distys not use the us postal service? Its cheapet. If it fits it ships?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

John Olson

Name
John Olson
joeynbgky said:
Why do distys not use the us postal service? Its cheapet. If it fits it ships?

We use the priority boxes for small items but shipping chemicals and over sized boxes suck and besides that did you miss where they raised prices and slowed delivery times? UPS is still the best and easist option. Our mailman is so random when he comes. Ups is at our place before 9 am and is almost always here at 4pm on the dot to pick up. I could go on and on but unless it is a small item ups is still the best option unless you want to sit a couple extra days and will only save 2-3 dollars.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I see. But we need to try and support usps as much as possible right now. So we should try it

dgargan

John seems to understand what cleaners need when it comes to shipping. He has always been fair with me. It can be frustrating with "some" distributors. I remember needing a few washers that costs about $1.50 and the distributor put them in a box big enough to ship a pair of shoes and charged me $8.00 shipping. Seems to me a smart distributor would have put them in a regular envelope slap a .46 cent stamp on it and mail it out. They lost my business after that deal.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
joeynbgky said:
I see. But we need to try and support usps as much as possible right now. So we should try it

We try, they should have said they where going to drop prices and speed up the service no charge more and do less. I swear that had to be the most idiotic thing I ever heard when the postmaster general said that.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I dont care what people say.....

cut the USPS to a 3 day a week service...M, W, F....and be done with it...

95% of places dont NEED the mail every damn day.....and if you do then 2 things

Get a PO the sorters are still there to put your mail in box

OR

Have it done with priority.....most biz do anyway when they need something...

besides the 3 day would help keep the offices instead of cutting them....thus allowing more PO box usage in closer proximity....

you either have a Secretary run for it, or pick that shit up on your lunch....

and I would explain it to the masses just like that.....PICK YOUR SHIT UP DURING LUNCH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

TMPORTABLEGUY

My true story, as a former service manager at ILS:
My client asks for something to be overnighted to a client about a mile from my shop.
Corp gets the order and decides whether I really need it overnighted.
I call to find where it's at the next day , and the next, and the next. ..
To find out that they didn't overnight it and it's in another state.
Resent the order with exclamation.
That's why there's an extra charge. ... lol
More than once by the way.

TruckMount Guy

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Shipping rates have increased . . .

but some distributors have managed to minimize the cost . . .

by using the most efficient carrier.

We have a Flat Rate for our cart orders:

EZ Shipping Rates for the Continental U.S. ...
The rates are set by the total dollar amount ordered at one time.
Take advantage of these Flat Rates, by bringing your order amount up to the maximum, for your shipping category.

- - - - - Up to $25 in Products=$8.95
- - - $25+ to $50 in Products=$14.95
- - - $50+ to $100 in Products=$20.95
- - - $100+ to $150 in Products=$29.95
- - - $150+ to $200 in Products=$36.95
- - - $200+ to $300 in Products=$45.95
- - - $300+ to $400 in Products=$49.95

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For call-in orders of chemicals , we have two levels of subsidized shipping . . .

Minimum of $200 Chemicals -- $34 shipping

$400 Chemicals or more - - FREE SHIPPING

Under $200 is actual UPS or USPS charges.

Note - Carpet & Grout Protectors qualify for free freight in case quantities (4 Gallon or 12 Quarts) Continental U.S.

Canada and Australia goes by USPS rates if the size & weight permits.

Hawaii large order is best by ship , with ~3 week ship time.

HAZMAT items have additional charges in every case, thanks to DOT regulations.

Larry

P.S. Looking for drones that can carry a case of chemicals (need your GPS coordinates) :oldrolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley
F

FB7777

Rarely have ever paid for shipping orders over $350 shipped free with interlink unless it's an emergency you should never have to pay shipping

Reactions: Russ T.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
When I order from pembertons they are always courteous and polite when I ask for a small part to be shipped via regular mail. His staff is awesome!

Name
I'm Rick James
How much do you guys make off a gallon of prespray? I make about $6,000-$8,000 per gallon.. so the $50 gallon and cost of shipping is low compared to the overall cost of doing business.

F

FB7777

How much do you guys make off a gallon of prespray? I make about $6,000-$8,000 per gallon.. so the $50 gallon and cost of shipping is low compared to the overall cost of doing business.
What prespray are you using that makes you $6-8000 per gallon?

How much prespray do you use per week?

Name
Ross Martin
Regardless of the actual numbers, that is a good way of thinking about.
So at my $6.95 per room rate, I only have to clean less than a 1000 rooms. Assuming I actually use pre-spray.:smile:

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Good thing he's using a liquid pre-spray.

God forbid, if he was using powder, we'd have had to calculate how much he's making per grain.

Name
I'm Rick James
Maybe he means a gallon of powder??? Then.........maybe.? 6 lb jug of powder makes quite a bit of prespray.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Nah man I am making all this up just to throw out big numbers to try and impress everyone.. let them know I make money and not a BDCC.

Seriously though.. for those who use highly concentrated prespray I am willing to bet they are around the same numbers. I will also use a booster like Grease Eater with the TG sometimes too.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Brent not saying anything like you are lying just stating that making 7000 with a gallon of prespray is quite a feat and very impressive if you are doing it constantly or with great consistency.

Name
I'm Rick James
Brent not saying anything like you are lying just stating that making 7000 with a gallon of prespray is quite a feat and very impressive if you are doing it constantly or with great consistency.

I should have put a emocon after that.. sarcasm doesn't translate that good in text, I was kidding with that.

Just to be clear I don't use it just for carpets I use it on everything including wool rugs which I charge $1 -$2 a sq ft for in house cleaning.. upholstery sofa is $140 .. sectional $20 linear ft.. I think with the 2 latter ones it drives that dollar amount up.

If I use it just for carpets I expect that dollar amount per gallon to be lower.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom