Intermittent Shutdown Problem & How I Fixed It.

Name
George Valliant
Have you ever experienced an intermittent shutdown problem and fixed it? If so, how?

Here's how i fixed mine.

At about 2000 hours my Blueline Thermalwave 5m started experiencing an intermittent shutdown problem at high operating temperature. Nothing obvious so i contacted Blueline technical support on the phone (those guys are great) and we bypassed the high pressure, low pressure, waste tank, and high temp shutdown circuit's with no luck. Zeems blink codes were all normal.

Then one morning, while the machine was running, i started tapping all the circuit breakers on the front panel (obviously nothing was popped) and as soon as i touched the 30A breaker the machine stalled.

It turned out to be heat creep on a wire back of the 30A circuit breaker. I re-seated the wire and problem solved. Believe it or not, something as simple as that took days to pinpoint.

What's your intermittent shut down story?

R

R W

Had the same problem on my 405 Performer many years ago. It was a loose wire at the coil, only losing contact when it heated up. I almost threw a match to that machine........

MerCrewser

My 405 would vaporlock. Only happened at idle or low speed on hot days after running under load for awhile. New fuel pump helped, only happens on occasion now, and only while its idling before shutdown at the end of a job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom