Internet....I gotta tell ya

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've always said it's seldom the advertiser...it's usually the ad.

Almost every job I've been doing here in the NOrth Dallas area have been houses over 3000 sqft, nice homes with really good paying customers occupying them.

I'm getting what I consider to be fair payments and I'm getting repeats and referrals. Most repeats are just going back to do the tile or upholstery.

I don't get it when some guys on here knock the internet as being for price shoppers only and low end customers who want everything for nothing.

I'm just not seeing that. This includes the different ways I've gone about getting new customers through the internet.

If you have a nice website that "says" quality....Not "I just through this up here and didn't give a F" you should be able to get decent customers.

How you do anything, is how you do everything....Customers will catch on to that.

I refuse to believe any advertising medium is going to produce one type of customer one way or the other.

I will say that I believe a bad, good or in between ad will get you what you've got comin.

Just sayin

PS. As I was cleaning a 4000 sqft house today that the lady said she Googled Carpet Cleaning Frisco TX...It just got me thinking of the generalizations that drive me crazy.

Carry on.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
From what I've seen most of these guys that say the internet promotes price shopping have Places listings that suck.

(websites don't matter so much now as most prospects make a buying decision from the places listing without ever having the need to go to the website)

If you look at their Places listings you'll likely see little or no client reviews and nothing that makes their listing shine above the rest.

Then their business/service just becomes another commodity.

Leaving the client to choose by price shopping.

It's the fault of the business.

Not the client.

My prospects rarely ask about or are concerned about price.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You may be right Dave because...no offense...Your website is horrible.

Google places make it easy to check out a company without ever going to the website.

But I believe your good customer will want to check a company out a little further to see the rest of the story somewhat.

It's one of those things......Everything needs to be on the top notch for image no matter where you go to look at it.

Dave, you have a yahoo site....I know you can do better than that.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'm almost scared to make any changes and lose rank.

Any way if it ain't broke....................

The damn thing works like a charm and I get compliments on it from clients almost every week .

Anyway. What cleaners think on a lot of issues is of no concern to me.

They have a different point of view than regular prospects and some cleaners have a lot of agendas slanting/blinding their view point.

(Not picking on you Brian, just anticipating the mudslinging that usually follows)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I must have missed this
I don't get it when some guys on here knock the internet as being for price shoppers only and low end customers who want everything for nothing.

What thread was that Brian? When was it? and Who said it? I do seem to remember something being said about paying to clean peoples carpet but never anything about what you spoke of.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A few guys have said it.
Not a bunch ring a bell except for Bill from Busy Bee is pretty open about it.

I think maybe Harper...but I can't think of a specific post...I could be wrong on that one.

Generally they are just passing thoughts in posts..nothing major.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Steve C recently said:
"Goggle is nothing more than a high tech reincarnation of the fricken yellow pages. Tons and tons of low ball pricers."

And Harpo:

"This ..RACE to the top of google..Will also become a MUTE POINT...
Just as ....You had to be a CRI approved,IIRC*certified,Green Clean,& BBB membership..!"

Harpo again:

"The INTERNET .....is for "price-shoppers...

Maybe have booked 10 jobs in 2 years.... "

I had more that 10 internet jobs by Tuesday afternoon.

Each their own.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
All I can say I was just laughing my ass off when I read what Brian wrote. " No offense Dave but your website is horrible" It struck me so funny lol. I love it and I love Brian and Dave Y. You two guys are the best and the three of us are on the same page.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
People say that about all advertising mediums. Yellow pages attract high end customers for me because I write content that attracts them. Several customers lately have just said come clean the carpet without a price or wanting an in home estimate. If you advertise quality then you will get quality customers. Same thing for the internet. You will tend to get less responses but the customers will be better.

Think of it this way. Your a woman at a bar with a short skirt and low cut top. What kind of guy are you going to attract. You will get lots of attention but maybe not the right kind of attention if your looking for a serious long term relationship.

Advertising is the same way. You will get what you attract. promote high quality and you will tend to get the people that appreciate and willing to pay for high quality.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Rich,

If you get a few more online client reviews your listing will shine better and you'll get more of those clients that are not as much motivated by price. Because you'll be the only company in your area with those dandy yellow stars in your google listing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
idreadnought said:
People say that about all advertising mediums. Yellow pages attract high end customers for me because I write content that attracts them. Several customers lately have just said come clean the carpet without a price or wanting an in home estimate. If you advertise quality then you will get quality customers. Same thing for the internet. You will tend to get less responses but the customers will be better.

Think of it this way. Your a woman at a bar with a short skirt and low cut top. What kind of guy are you going to attract. You will get lots of attention but maybe not the right kind of attention if your looking for a serious long term relationship.

Advertising is the same way. You will get what you attract. promote high quality and you will tend to get the people that appreciate and willing to pay for high quality.

Great post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom