iPad 2 Comes Out Tomorrow. Can it help?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm thinking I am getting one. The thing just looks super sweet. I don't have an iPhone or Android, so I am looking at the iPad for my new Square for CC processing.

How else can this fancy machine help me?

Service monster?

Any iPad-ers here have comments?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have no idea...but here's a pic.

iPad2-15-SlashGear2.jpg

See? ...I'm good for something....not like people say.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
with the new camera it might actually be a useful

suppose the GURU's will come out of the wood work to tell everyone of how useful the pad 2 is for business :lol:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm not really a gadget guy but the iPad just seems cool.

I refuse a data plan on my phone. The iPad data plan does not require a contract.

Becker

Name
Becker
Id rather pay data on a phone than a ipad..

That said, I've considered an Ipad.. I bought Alex one for Christmas last year. Basic model. Looking into ways to use it for business.

But I have to say, and I was warned months ago by others here. the market is about to be flooded with other products that might be better suited for the business environment.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I hear ya, Becker. The thing is, if I wait to buy a gadget because a better product is coming out I will never buy a gadget. Something better is ALWAYS about to come t.

That said, I'm sure a new gadget is coming out that is better suited for business. That's why I hesitate to wait.

I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy something cool for my new Square without having to sign a contract. My hope is that it will be useful.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I have the Ipad 1.. 64 gig 3g... and I would love to have the Ipad 2... the new chip is 5x faster than the first series.. the graphics are 9x better.. true HD. (like we could ever tell.. Its a third thinner, with out loosing battery life. dual cameras.. one forward facing and one rear facing.. it has awesome video editing software for 5.00. and Some awesome built in software. They really are super sweet.

I use mine for most of my invoicing.. plus music.. plus.. navigation on a full size.. plus surfing and ebooks.. plus weather checks.. and notes.. I'm hoping for Ipad three they will add a usb 2.0 or super disc for better transfer of data.

But Ipad 2 with 3g will give y ou the option of verizon or at&t. My 3G works great! And its tax detuctable.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
sweendogg said:
I have the Ipad 1.. 64 gig 3g... and I would love to have the Ipad 2... the new chip is 5x faster than the first series.. the graphics are 9x better.. true HD .

yeah 9X better but it's the same old screen resolution!

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/ ... lution.ars

Don't get me wrong i have the 3g Ipad and like it! But no one at apple could figure out a camera would be nice or a USB port or memory card it's the ultimate tech up-sale i'm sure all of these will be incorporated in the Ipad by the time version 6 or 7 is out

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dude they cant give it to ya all at once....

that way youll buy the next one...cuz oh oh oh...it has usb this time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why dont you want the phone data???

Name
Nate W.
I have the Samsung Galaxy S phone from tmobile and tether it to my iPad when there's no wireless connection. I have a tmobile employee phone that I only pay $10 a month, 2,000 mins, free nights, weekends, text, and Internet.... So happy my sister takes care of me... shiteatinggrin

Luke

I've been using an iPad for in home estimates for several months now. I created several spreadsheets that compute my cleaning price for me. The clients seem impressed with it and it saves me money cuz now I don't forget to charge for some things.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
rhyde said:
with the new camera it might actually be a useful

suppose the GURU's will come out of the wood work to tell everyone of how useful the pad 2 is for business :lol:

I think they are still on the first iPad :mrgreen: It is suppose to be great for video too. Wish it came with a phone!

Bucey

Name
FFA?
is it easy to incorporate invoicing, i assume you are emailing copy to the customer? Saves Paper and cost of invoices

RickL

I got my wife an Ipad for Christmas and I have an ASUS small laptop the main advantage of the ipad for me is the speed of opening different application turning it on, etc. With the laptop I have to wait for windows to open then log in then wait for it to come up then open the different applications. I focused primarily on acquiring commercial business for a while and do semi presentations on my calls by the time I got everything done on my laptop my time was up. With the Ipad it's instantaneous. You touch what you want and it's there. Don't really know about the other applications as my billing is sent from my desktop via pdf files on all my accounts.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is pretty cool. Samsung Galaxy Tab.... I played around with one at the sprint store. I'm not allowed to buy one because I just bought a couple epics. thathurts

Samsung-Galaxy-Tab8.jpg

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
If you are using the Square to accept a CC do you have to be online at the time? Can you save the transaction and upload at a later time?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jeremy N said:
If you are using the Square to accept a CC do you have to be online at the time? Can you save the transaction and upload at a later time?

uhhhh from the few i have done, it does it right then....that way you email or text them the invoice...

i suppose if it needed to be later, just get the info and key it in....

but what happens if they gave you a bad CC????

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
floorguy said:
Jeremy N said:

uhhhh from the few i have done, it does it right then....that way you email or text them the invoice...

i suppose if it needed to be later, just get the info and key it in....

but what happens if they gave you a bad CC????

I'm asking because you can take CCs with an iPod Touch as well. Problem is, you may not always have wifi access for the transaction.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats why you get a smart phone....

never understood the ipod thing....everything that a phone does....but no phone??? for twice the money??? really wtf

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
thats why you get a smart phone....

never understood the ipod thing....everything that a phone does....but no phone??? for twice the money??? really wtf

I got mines for Christmas... :p cuz I'm special like that...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
sweendogg said:
I can't answer that question.. but Brian.. look at how many apps are available for the apple I stuff compared to the other brands.

Moe is not always bettah

7539mthe-three-stooges-moe-posters.jpg

At least that's what I tell Jen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom