IRS Warning-- Last week I had a IRS Field Audit.

V

vegijohn

A field audit is the worst type of audit. The agent looks through everything. They come to your office/home and check ALL business and Personal records.
Lets just say-- It SUCKS to be me.

Why did I get audited--- The agent told me that the IRS is targeting Self-employed people who self prepare their taxes.

V

vegijohn

The audit was for 2006 and was the only year I did my own taxes. I wrote off some things that are not tax deductible.
I also got so busy that I forgot to file the 2006 taxes until spring of 2008.

I really GOT to stop drinking when I'm doing my book keeping. I discovered I paid a now ex-employee $4500 for 1 week instead of $1500.

No more International trips and $400 dinners for me for a while.

Greenie

Veg, not to kick ya while you are down, but let me get this straight, you wrote an employee payroll check for $4500 and didn't think it was a bit odd?

I'm closing the store, and coming to push wand for you tomorrow am.

V

vegijohn

Greenie said:
Veg, not to kick ya while you are down, but let me get this straight, you wrote an employee payroll check for $4500 and didn't think it was a bit odd?

I'm closing the store, and coming to push wand for you tomorrow am.

I didn't "write" a check-- a few clicks on the computer and payroll is done. Like I said-- I tend to drink while doing paperwork. I guess I didn't notice it because it was a VERY good year.

You can push a wand for me anytime-- just let me know so I can stop turning work away.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
OK OK lemme get this straight???

your pissed/scared at what a field audit would do?? and/or YOU DO YOUROWNDAMNSELFTAXES???

yet you bitch and moan about an ADA ramp???

WTF???????

V

vegijohn

floorguy said:
OK OK lemme get this straight???

your pissed/scared at what a field audit would do?? and/or YOU DO YOUROWNDAMNSELFTAXES???

yet you bitch and moan about an ADA ramp???

WTF???????

The IRS won't shut me down but the fallout of the ADA ramp can. I would have to double my prices just to comply with the ADA requirements to the letter. This may price me out of many jobs. Custys really complained when I had to charge $50 set up fee before I used the ramps.

2006 was the only year I did my own taxes---- I did use turbo tax.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom