Is 100.00 an hour enough............

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
once you make it there? I hit it numerous years ago and am about half way to my next hundred. I truly believe it has to do with the machine I have. I seldom do under 100 an hour. It's addicting I tell ya.

jimmyolas

100 an hour should be the minimum on production time. If you have a shop and secretary and .....etc you need to have
that figure. jimmy

G

Mikey P said:
Just try getting $250 on average.

It makes a guy jaded.
Yea,but it sucks when it cost 150.00 an hour to get there and do it :D (keep sticken it to the seeniles Bernie)

Mikey P

Administrator
K. P. said:
[quote="Mikey P":ert45rqm]Just try getting $250 on average.

It makes a guy jaded.
Yea,but it sucks when it cost 150.00 an hour to get there and do it :D (keep sticken it to the seeniles Bernie)[/quote:ert45rqm]

I guess you were too busy plumbing that POS Hydromonster to take small biz 101.

my cost of doing biz is far less then your's you two bit coupon hack

Can you say 60% profit?

Or does the Blue Tooth enable you your from deductive reasoning.

G

Mikey P said:
[quote="K. P.":1amzx9u9][quote="Mikey P":1amzx9u9]Just try getting $250 on average.

It makes a guy jaded.
Yea,but it sucks when it cost 150.00 an hour to get there and do it :D (keep sticken it to the seeniles Bernie)[/quote:1amzx9u9]

I guess you were too busy plumbing that POS Hydromonster to take small biz 101.

my cost of doing biz is far less then your's you two bit coupon hack

Can you say 60% profit?

Or does the Blue Tooth enable you your from deductive reasoning.[/quote:1amzx9u9]
Your kidding right Bernie?Your cost of doing biz is less than mine?I want the sh## you are smoking,or is it the 2nd grade math that you use,You spend more on payments and gas in a month than I spend all together in 6 months,now go figure.Tell it to the flock Mr Jones

G

Mikey P said:
yeah, and you bring in about 90k a year too.
I bet that is better than you after expenses.Please Bernie,I know what it really cost you to do biz(was doing it way way back when you were ordering chems)so sell your big money little pee pee story to the lambs.I also know what relative is,and you tard, live in an area that cost more than other places,so do you want me to whip out the crayons,or do youy understand?

Walt

I guess it depends. If you work alone and have low over head and stay busy - then you are golden. If you have a helper, lots of ads, driving all over, and aren't busy in the winter then no - you're broke.

Personally I think it's better to calculate how much you are making by dividing by the total hours you work including drive time, vacation etc. Suddenly, it's a whole lot harder to make a 100 per hour.

2088 work hours in a year at $100 per hour = $208,800.

G

not sure what to think any more what is right or wrong or too much or too little when I'm getting over 65 an hour I'm in gravy.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
It’s not how much you make; its how much you keep and weather you can afford to expand if you want to. I know a guy that dose mostly apartments with 8 employees averages $60.00 per hour and makes a very nice living. There are guy’s averaging $150.00 an hour that are dead broke. I am starting to wake up to the fact that I have to make pricing decisions based on my business not someone else’s.

Mikey P

Administrator
How far would you drive for a $1200 job?

I had a lady call today from Palo Alto who wants our reputation..

I explained that with the driving and the scope of her job (normally about $650 from what I could guesstimate)

So I'll drive an hour twenty each way and do another job while I'm "over the hill" to fill the day to $1500 or so.

Do I turn away this stuff and lower my price so renters and prop managers keep me busy with $150 jobs? ?

I choose to drive out a few times a month.

Id' say 85% or more of our work is within a half hour of my house and 60% is within 10 minutes.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I would drive a long way for a $1200 job because there have been very few times where I’ve made that much in a day. It’s all relative though. Mikey works for the rich but, the cost of living is high there to. The market here is very tight even the rich are tight with their money. I call it a mid-western mentality.

I quote $35.00 a room and lose half the calls. I am about to put carpet cleaning on the sideline and try to develop my repair and possibly stone restoration skills to thin out the competition.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i believe you have to figure you per/hr needs or wants based on your market and your business model. there is not a one size fits all business model. for me, if over the span of a month i am averaging 500 or more a day and operating at 10-20 percent of what is coming in, im am fine and will continue to grow and develop my biz as wanted. if it slows down i will tighten up spending and only spend money on stuff that is needed. up to last year i was always the cheapest and hardest working(at least in my mind) in town and i would always make enough to get by but kind of lived check to check. now i deny or dont service the people and companies that want the rock-bottom prices and just do the jobs that keep me profitable. i learned last year not to do breakeven jobs or even cheap jobs just to get by. time better spent looking for jobs that help me move foward, i stood still for far too long.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mikey P said:
How far would you drive for a $1200 job?

I had a lady call today from Palo Alto who wants our reputation..

I explained that with the driving and the scope of her job (normally about $650 from what I could guesstimate)

So I'll drive an hour twenty each way and do another job while I'm "over the hill" to fill the day to $1500 or so.

Do I turn away this stuff and lower my price so renters and prop managers keep me busy with $150 jobs? ?

I choose to drive out a few times a month.

Id' say 85% or more of our work is within a half hour of my house and 60% is within 10 minutes.

Yesterday I was in Cleveland, then Youngstown, all for my big foreclosure acct., drove 200 miles yesterday, just because I want to keep them happy. I think I netted 10 bucks. But then I bought a mountain dew.

G

some of you guys are kind of picky for 400 dollars I would drive an hour not too much traffic where I live and still make 65 an hour

TimP

As long as I can put 15 an hour, while I'm working, in my pocket I'm cool. I aint too proud to work for sure. I usually average about 70-80 an hour drive up to drive off. All by myself of course. I'm in no rush and if I can bring 2-300 a day and work half a day hours wise I'm happy.

diamond brian

Some of the guys here should definitely look for an old Economics text-book next time you're out garage-selling with your wives.

Each market has its own distinct supply and demand curves. The point at which these curves intersect is your equilibrium price. These curves can also shift periodically. Once you figure this out and pocket your egos, you'll begin maximizing profits.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So Brian, are you saying you know better than most of the guys here? My secret in business is to be higher priced than anyone else so I weed out the price shoppers and service the discriminating people. No big secret there.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Dougie 150 Per Hour? Looks like someone has been skipping the Pre-Vac stage again. Time for me to call Chucks mom to see if the Vac is on the truck?

Golden Boy

hogjowl

Idiot™
I haven't kept up with my average job ticket in some time. I keep up with my hourly job figure on each job, but haven't taken the time to get the overall average in quite awhile. I hardly ever go below $90 an hour and often get above $100, so I imagine I'd find my average to be somewhere around $100 per hour. My market is probably more like Mr. Gentry's in South Carolina.

This is the military move out time of year here in the Montgomery market area. Those folks don't want to pay to have me prevacuum, and there is no furniture to move, so my pricing is over the phone. I easily get $100 to $110 per hour on those jobs. With the Vortex my production time is really good.

When this season ends at the end of July, I'll go back to in-home estimates, prevacuuming every job, and moving more furniture. I should get more than $100 per hour on those jobs, but find that I still hit right around that figure on these jobs because I get to talking and slow down my production times.

I guess I am just destined to be a $100 per hour hack.

However, with my good looks, and the Vortex, I am probably the most impressive hack in this business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom