Is anyone a member of the 8A certification?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If so, what are your thoughts? From what I've read, it's a 9year guarantee of big govt. contracts to get more, bigger jobs. I spoke with someone who is with the SBA and she was wanting me to get that 8a certification. So I'm researching it now. Just looking on here to see any real life input on it

Name
Evets
"This certification is intended for organizations that are owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. SBA considers African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Pacific American, Native Americans and Subcontinent Asian Americans to be socially and economically disadvantaged. An individual who does not belong to any of the aforementioned groups can otherwise be admitted to the program if able to show they are disadvantaged due to race, ethnic origin, gender, physical handicap, long-term residence in an environment isolated from the mainstream of American society; or other similar cause."

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
"This certification is intended for organizations that are owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. SBA considers African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Pacific American, Native Americans and Subcontinent Asian Americans to be socially and economically disadvantaged. An individual who does not belong to any of the aforementioned groups can otherwise be admitted to the program if able to show they are disadvantaged due to race, ethnic origin, gender, physical handicap, long-term residence in an environment isolated from the mainstream of American society; or other similar cause."
Matt's from Georgia, he should qualify.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Being WHITE Matt...........that counts you............out
But if yous is mixed blood you might have a chance

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Often the insurance requirements are so high it makes it impractical to be a low bidder.

I know a guy that did a lot of government work. He had a staff that pushed the paperwork.

We never did. Too many hoops, too much paperwork, too specific in how they wanted it cleaned. All for the chance at being the low bidder.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Often the insurance requirements are so high it makes it impractical to be a low bidder.

I know a guy that did a lot of government work. He had a staff that pushed the paperwork.

We never did. Too many hoops, too much paperwork, too specific in how they wanted it cleaned. All for the chance at being the low bidder.
I used to do a little for our provincial authority that managed government buildings. Health units and welfare offices mostly. Ten cents per sqft and they thought I was high priced. Too many hoops to jump through for too little dollars.

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
Matt's never ending search for the Silver Bullet.

Start over in a new town where the cost of floor cleaning doesn't exceed hubby's weekly take home.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt's never ending search for the Silver Bullet.

Start over in a new town where the cost of floor cleaning doesn't exceed hubby's weekly take home.
I'm always looking to help my business grow. I'll get more info next Tuesday on this when I speak to her

It's not just socially disadvantaged it focuses on. It is economically disadvantaged, and I think that is where she said my business would qualify.

When I get some more info, I'll let you guys know what I found out.

This isn't about doing oversized, underpriced jobs. I'm smarter than that.

Marty's an ass also

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom