Is anyone still using two component Pro's Choice Red Remover?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I've been using the new Red 1 for a while now. Recently I had a big hairdye stain and Power Gel followed by Red 1 didn't get it out. I still had the two component Pros Choice Red Remover on the truck. But the content of one of the bottles had turned into a Gel. Todd at CTI said that the product is no longer effective if that happens.
I don't use the stuff that often so I am now hesitant to buy another set of those only to have them turn into Gel again.
So I'm wondering....
Is there any reason to have this stuff anymore now that the Red 1 has the improved formula or is there a red remover that is even better?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My experience with the Red Zone hasn't been great. Those 2 part deals seemed to work better, but what a pain.

I'm only carrying the Red Zone due to my lazy and stubborn nature. I still hope it will make me a fan...someday.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The two part always work better in a pinch. The one part uses a chemical with a sulfur odor that works adequately MOST of the time.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The best one I've used is VacAway Red Vanish. It works great and there is no waste as it is a one part solution. And it has never stripped original carpet color. The Chemeister RedOut stripped carpet color the last time I used it a few years ago as did the sample of Cobbs Red Dye remover I tried last year. That creates a larger problem making a small red spot something much worse (your problem).

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Pro's choice red relief is better IMO, I do lots of section 8 and red stains are very common. For the empties I just apply the two part to the red stain and leave it. the stain usually vanishes in a couple hours without heat.

Reactions: Art Kelley

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
We sell about twice as much Red-1 as we do Red Relief. Of course it's easier to use, but the new formula of Red-1 also allows it to be used on all different types of fibers. I still have people that use the 2-part Red Relief on harder to remove stains, but they are becoming less and less. Most customers are very pleased with the Red-1.

Reactions: Mikey P

Lonny

Supportive Member
I'm going to second the Vacaway product. I've used all of the others and it seems the most consistent.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hi,
I've been using the new Red 1 for a while now. Recently I had a big hairdye stain and Power Gel followed by Red 1 didn't get it out. I still had the two component Pros Choice Red Remover on the truck. But the content of one of the bottles had turned into a Gel. Todd at CTI said that the product is no longer effective if that happens.
I don't use the stuff that often so I am now hesitant to buy another set of those only to have them turn into Gel again.
So I'm wondering....
Is there any reason to have this stuff anymore now that the Red 1 has the improved formula or is there a red remover that is even better?

How old was your RR(Red Relief)? RR should be tossed after 9-12 months in your truck. It is good for up to 18 months in a climate controlled no sun environment such as our store shelves/stock room. Same with SM(stain magic) The one parts have a shelf life as well so it is important to buy from someone that moves a lot of product or doesn't over stock so that it sits on their shelves for extended periods of time. Our spotting products that have a shelf life are turned in 4-6 weeks.

As for whether you use a one part or 2 part is a personal choice but the 2 part is a superior product but you don't always need a .30-06 when a .22 will work. For us we sell a lot of Red1 and Stain 1 but still sell pretty even or more RR and SM because of the dual chamber sprayers. Using the DCS makes the RR and SM as simple as using the 1 part. it is very important if you use the DCS to flush the sprayer regularly (end of each week) with warm water as leaving it full of product will clog and ruin the sprayer prematurely.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John thanks for the info, I have some in our store room that have sat for probably more than 18-months I need to toss.

They need to have a born on date on them or a use before date. :winky:

Reactions: dgardner

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I don't do many red stains but prefer the 2 part red relief. Often I feel heat is needed and I like the 15-30 seconds I get vs the 5 seconds the red 1 gives. More time to assess the stain and other colors you don't want to remove.
I flip the trigger handle often to prevent it from clogging since one part corrodes the tube and the other dissolves the corrosion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom