Is Butler a cult?

Mikey P

Administrator
like Bane or Chem Who, are their newbs who find the Butler catalog or website and buy in completely?

Are there those who use their complete chemical line and ONLY their chemicals?

and wands?

and only other products sold in their very inclusive website?

and little bald guy marketing material too?

Could Butler survive these times without steady water based chemical sales?

just how many Butler owners do we have here anyways?

Name
Steve Lawrence
I have 3. Don't buy their chems or use their wands.

They are an awesome company to do biz with. Their TM's rule. Especially high heat.

Love the dependability--especially after dealing with slide ins for 20 years.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I understand the attraction to the system. If money weren't an option, and I had to put any system into a regular sized passenger van, to be stored in my regular sized 2 car garage, I think I'd go with a Butler. Here's why:
Efficiency is huge for me because I work alone.
I handle all repairs to my truckmount because I'm 2.5 hours from distributer.
I live in the Midwest where we often have heavy wind/ rain/ snow and the doors can be closed and locked while cleaning. I understand many CDS units can be set up like this.
The above is good for security reasons while a solo tech is cleaning alone.

However, Butler doesn't do everything perfect. I've never used their chems but I like the ability to use my own tried and true stuff. I have used their wands/upholstery tools and they wouldn't have a home on my van. Butler clearly hasn't given this part of the system a ton of thought.

I also think their image could be spruced up a little in order to impress a nosy homeowner.

I think they are a little overpriced. They got that way by giving cleaners many (@30?) years of dependability and efficiency.

Today we have many companies putting out great machines. There are so many to choose from its almost a painful decision to make. Butler doesn't make a nuclear powered slide in that can torch a customers home in no time flat. They continue to do what has made them successful for years. They produce a well made, dependable, and most notably efficient SYSTEM that helps us make a living. Give me a helper and a larger garage to operate from and I might pick something different...but maybe not.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I feel the same as Steve nothing cult like here, just great machines and good people to deal with. No one but Butler would have any clue what their volume is or what Chem line does for their bottom line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have one in an extended van and one in a box.

Love the simplicity, easy to train on, great heat, can't beat a 210 waste tank, hate the wand, vac hose and solution reels though, I like the garden hose reel even though we rarely use it.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I have one, but only use their truck mount detergents. I also use their wand. What problems do you guys have with their 14 inch wands?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Love their equipment and service staff, do use the wands also.
Not a fan of chemical line though.

Only thing we have ever used so most of these posts are weird to me :shifty:

Reactions: Wing It

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
wands are heavy and clog up really easy..thats why they have the rubber plug in them so you can unclog them easier..

i ran the butler wand on the first truck then ordered a greenhorn and 2 ti wands..

weight and angle design is amazingly different..

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
How do you guys filter the wastewater? We do a lot of commercial so we get lots of hair. We have ditched the lint bag because it would fill too quickly and its in a hard to get to spot. Is their apo strong enough to push lots of debris or do you guys have another system for getting the waste to the sewer?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hair in commercial??? We get hair in residential, can't say I've heard of it being an issue for commercial?

We still use the lint bags, buy a new one once a year or so, sooner if they start falling in the tank.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'll check them out.

Although I figured that was half the problem was the weight of the debris and the moisture eventually take away some of it's sturdiness.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I have used Butlers for years. Fine company to deal with. We don't use their wands. I worked with Butler years ago to modify their filter tank concept. We have a separate box located by the side door. It has an easy to remove tank top to reach the two filters inside. It has two ports on the tank lid that is capable of accepting two 2 1/2" hose connections for dual wands. Love the high heat option as well. Yes we have had problems over the 30 years or so, but all were handled professionally. (I co-own a fabrication company and won't even build my own truck mount)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I've lost count on how many Butlers our family had owned. I have 2 butlers fully pimped out. Use a Few of their chems. use pimped out prochem Ti wands ,Rx 20s, crb machines, 2.5 Inch hose, modified filter waste clean outs....just about everything a person could imagine, but my Butlers are reliable and make me a lot of easy money! We have had a lot of cleaning units,and Butlers have worked best for us.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

steve g

Name
steve garrett
umm ok I never knew butler sold chemicals. and the machines take up way too much area in the vans. honestly I don't know how they could have used the available space any worse than they did.

Reactions: Steve Smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom