Is it safe to use the AirPath fan near oil paintings?

Moser Bros.

I have a client that is worried about a couple of oil paintings he has, I told him a had a fan that would speed dry his carpet. One of the paintings is about 5' by 8' and the other one is smaller. The paintings are about 10 to 20 feet from where I would place the airpath.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If he's that worried tell him to take them down and put them in a different room for the day just to be sure.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My uncle is an art teacher and and artist.

He once told me it takes 5-6 years for the oil to dry out. :?:

I wouldn't think it would be an issue, but artists and art lovers can be difficult to deal with.

We've been involved with light fires that caused the homeowner to call the artist about their work. The artists claimed it was ruined (never even looked at the piece, just over the phone) the insurance company had them appraised and bought them new.

In one case the homeowner later bought selected pieces of the so called ruined art from the wholesaler who had purchased the whole lot.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I work closely with a art framing studio which can provide unbiased work and statements/assessments etc.

We have a few paintings there at the moment from a light fire. Client wanted FULL REPLACEMENT cash AND the paintings :lol: amazing what some people will try. I took them for appraisal for two reasons, firstly to establish if they were restorable and how much, secondly, for proof of value as they didn't supply the insurer with a receipt to prove value and the adjuster is now suspecting over valued art work.

John

Mikey P

Administrator
Want some real fun?

Put a AP in a 13 year old girl's room and watch all those Tiger Beat pictures that were taped to the walls go flying

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom