is it TOO good to be true ??

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm a 4 cord dude. 2 for a 500 PSI pump, dual 3 stages and 2 cords for heat. Just a little THOUGHT put into where you place your plugs and it;s not a problem.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I tip my hat to all the porty heroes here, that are willing to deal with the hassle.
God bless.

Anybody else, and here in San Francisco unfortunately I have to use a portable more then I care to, will do anything in their power to avoid it.
On a daily basis I will run hoses to the third and fourth floor and still finish faster (better quality) than with the portable.
I'd happily pay the extra $5 or $10 extra that it costs for fuel.

And that is not talking about frequent circuit breakers tripping in those all too common apartments with old electrical wiring.
Urgh!!!!!

One huge porty advantage that I have to admit though: It will provide you with much more quality time to bond with the homeowner :p = Priceless

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
brother Martin said:
Ok then, but please don't get your feelings hurt when I say that's ANOTHER bulletin board disconnect between whats reported as possible and what reality seems to suggest.

I'd love to actually see that.

Is there a reason, you think, why your results are different than what other people, and suppliers, report is possible?

Something you may not be telling us?
I don't think that what I have works as I say it does, I know it works, because I've spent decades fine tuning machines, both electric and gasoline truckmounts.

I don't think any manufacturers, or qualified carpet cleaners, have done what I've done, to wit:

Overdrive the Roots #45 blower using a Honda 24 HP air-cooled motor, which generates a maximum 415 CFM using a single "B" belt and sheaves. We rarely run at maximum RPM though, because we don't need to; even on long hose runs-

Run 2 separate 2" hoses from the intake of the blower 2.5" X 2" X 2" to the recovery tank, each with their own filter-

Run 2 -2" hoses from the recovery tank, to 2 separate 2" inline filters-

Use a 4" intake and exhaust Stoddard silencer coming out of the blower, with only two 45º bends for maximum discharge airflow-

Have a 30 GPM APO that works without much attention to it's filter (will go for days of cleaning)-

Slightly over-drive the Cat high pressure pump to increase flow rates-

Run all 3/8" ID high pressure lins from the pump to a twin 1/4" QC hookup on the machine front panel-

Run a 350,000 btu LP heater with auto pilot and our patented AFB circuit for more efficient heat-

For those who don't know, when you split the vacuum into 2 separate vacuum hoses, it does not cut the CFM in half, like some believe.

The vacuum is so strong that you do not have to keep one wand covered at the intake while the other wand is being used.

I know we've all seen the debates over single and dual wanding, but I gotta' tell you dual wanding is such a game changer as far as much higher production on a daily basis.

We can do tile/grout and carpet/upholstery at the same time, allowing us to be more efficient on just about every job.

PS - Thanks to all the veterans who have served, or are serving our country!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Willy P said:
I'm a 4 cord dude. 2 for a 500 PSI pump, dual 3 stages and 2 cords for heat. Just a little THOUGHT put into where you place your plugs and it;s not a problem.
It is truly amazing what you wet cleaners will go through just to stay wet. Them manufacturers sure got you guys wrapped around their fingers.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mardie said:
Willy P said:
It is truly amazing what you wet cleaners will go through just to stay wet. Them manufacturers sure got you guys wrapped around their fingers.

Not much impact from a guy who knows little about the industry. :roll: Ever flush all that cat pee out?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Caduceus said:
Mardie said:
Willy P said:

Not much impact from a guy who knows little about the industry. :roll: Ever flush all that cat pee out?
Cat piss goes on Tuesday.
Seems to me that the clients i have would differ with your opinion.

Name
I'm Rick James
Seems like your customers arent educated in the proper method of cleaning.

Good luck at flushing at the urine.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Caduceus said:

If I were to use a water flushing technique to get rid of that cat piss the carpet would be wet for a month and to put it simply the whole job would be a gong show.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Willy P said:
I got to hand it to you Willy,you sure are a dedicated man.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Willy P said:

I have a 500 psi pump and dual 3 stage vacs and propane for instant steaming hot heat .

And it only takes 2 cords. 1-15 amp and the other 20 amp circuit.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Royal Man said:
[quote="Willy P":4aw1q3rp]I'm a 4 cord dude. 2 for a 500 PSI pump, dual 3 stages and 2 cords for heat. Just a little THOUGHT put into where you place your plugs and it;s not a problem.

I have a 500 psi pump and dual 3 stage vacs and propane for instant steaming hot heat .

And it only takes 2 cords. 115 amp and the other 20 amp circuit.[/quote:4aw1q3rp]

Good for you (personally, I really don't give a shit)- but I can't take propane up in the sky where I walk and work, two 3 stage vacs are WAY too much work doing dry strokes after 50 feet, I usually run 35. Think anyone might get upset with a propane unit on the 20th floor? Like bylaws, managers and even others living there?
My main market:

DSC_2639.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
Mardie said:
Caduceus said:

If I were to use a water flushing technique to get rid of that cat piss the carpet would be wet for a month and to put it simply the whole job would be a gong show.

I have been doing HWE extraction for 14 years and never had that problem happen. Is that what you read on ChemDry's website or something?

Willy don't knock this system without trying it cuz I did it for two years and never once had a complaint. The results were outstanding and all of my customers were pleased.

I used a simple 175 and a 45 pound self contained extractor called the fivestar. It did an amazing job simply because it flushed and pulled so much out of the carpet with one pass. The key was the rotating brush on the bottom.

I think you would be so much happier using a simple machine like this. It was very easy fill, dump, maneuver, and like I said the results were really good.

It even does a great job on upholstery.

All I did was prespray with a pump up, scrub with a 175 but you could use a crb or whatever, and rinsed with water.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CFsQ8wIwAg

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Caduceus said:
Mardie said:
Caduceus said:

I have been doing HWE extraction for 14 years and never had that problem happen. Is that what you read on ChemDry's website or something?

This carpet has been saturated with cat piss for many years. In this one spot their is a bowed out baseboard where the cats were spraying and it was full of dry cat piss salt, just to give you an example of the extent of damage.I have the tim the tool man taylor of black lights and when i went their at night to inspect it ,the whole place lit up like day light.This job is futile at best for any one. In your 14 years you have never fixed damage like this or would even try unless you had a client like this that insisted on getting this done regardless of the advice given to her and if your written quote and authorization was not in order you would have failed. My quote is very detailed and i can assure you that my ass is covered. I have done many cat, dog and extreme filth jobs with great success. I am a chosen contractor for doing move outs for subsidized housing,which can pose many interesting challenges.

So the answer to your question is no i did not get my info from chemdry or something.
And if you tried flushing this out with water as the carpet lays ,it would be soaked for a month and it would be a gong show.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mardi how much you charging for the job and how much time you are projecting to complete it?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Caduceus said:
Mardi how much you charging for the job and how much time you are projecting to complete it?
Going to mix 2 Bridgepoint products together Hydrocide Extreme and Pet Zone into the cimex (My Cost $170.00) then scrub it in so that the carpet is quite wet but not soaked, first thing in the morning, then put some air movers on it to dry.Will take extra time because i have to boil the water.Going to bring some big pots.lol Then come back at 5-6pm to clean.( Price for cleaning $225.00 .40sq ft.) Price for One and only treatment ( $540.00)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Post A above - Pictures of where I concentrate on. Miles of carpet in a compact area, not much travel time.

Post B above - 500 PSI machine,pump and vac plugged into washing machine outlet, second cord placed in bathroom. Both circuits are 15 amp service. Second picture, 3250 watt in line heater, reconfigured to 240 degree final thermostats. Both plugs routed to kitchen 15 amp service on stove, 20 amp service on kitchen counter.Third picture, see steam rising from wand. It's fookin' hot.

Really never have any problems at all birdogging out the electrical or the insane notion you'll be tripping over cords and hoses. It's all in the setup- some places the machine lives in the kitchen, sometimes in the outer hallway, it just depends.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mardie said:
Willy P said:

You know phuck all turdboy- hence, your mindlessly ignorant bleating carries no weight. Run along now sonny- people that know what they're talking about are speaking, not some scrub and run ignoramus hack.

Have a nice day! somewhat amus

Name
I'm Rick James
Mardie said:
Caduceus said:
Going to mix 2 Bridgepoint products together Hydrocide Extreme and Pet Zone into the cimex (My Cost $170.00) then scrub it in so that the carpet is quite wet but not soaked, first thing in the morning, then put some air movers on it to dry.Will take extra time because i have to boil the water.Going to bring some big pots.lol Then come back at 5-6pm to clean.( Price for cleaning $225.00 .40sq ft.) Price for One and only treatment ( $540.00)

So how are your going to treat the pad and subfloor, because I guarantee the urine made its way down there.

Are you serious about boiling water at the customers house?

If I was you, I would replace the pad and seal the subfloor. It sounds like the customer is still going to have the odor issues after your done, when she can spend a little more and have it done the right way. Sounds like you are going to take the money and run after your ONE AND ONLY TREATMENT. You must have a really nice mattress at home so you can sleep well at night.

I give! I'm going to start drinking black shoe polish by pouring it through white loaf bread to filter out the black polish and drink the remaining alcohol.

F

FB7777

Radar is taking shots a Mike and begging people to post more

"this place is what you make of it "

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep..

Boring people posting five boring threads a week.

And because the two other Skype tags are in tantrum mode in Bob's eyes no one posts here any more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom