Is it worth BUYING a Devastator Wand if I already own 2 of these???

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
2 of these wands came with the Used Butler I bought. I assume they are a early version of the devastator but not 100% for sure who made them. Is the Devastator that much better then these to justify the expense??
IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I really liked the Devastator 12", but I prefer 2" wands for recovery.

I also pee while standing up.

I'll buy a 14" Devastator when available.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
anyone who says all wands are alike...the all squirt and suck or whatever.....should not be in the carpet cleaning business...they should be more a Walmart greeter or something....

you are not going to find a wand anywhere out there then Tom's Devastator wand...hands down the best quality made...most durable swivel...and top performance of any wand in the industry....

I run 2 trucks...and my box truck was down for a bit and so I went out with my employee in the van for a few weeks...the first week I watched what he was doing with my old die hard Westpac wand..which I loved and used forever...then I took Toms devastator wand off my truck and put it in his van and watched him for a few days and after that I just bought another devastator for his van....his cleanings..his dry times..and the way he adapted to the swivel..it was just a no brainier....performance is everything...and your not going to find any one that will come close to Toms....

Last edited:
F

FB7777

I was going to buy a second Dev wand a year ago for my kid but he said he preferred his Westpac Ti wand cause it was light and he was just familiar with it

Last couple weeks he’s been running my truck and he said he likes the Devastator better now

so glad Tom had the Black Friday sale. Toni g was perfect !

Reactions: rwcarpet

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Devastator is a game changer. Really enjoy the swivel option and being able to get under beds and certain pieces of furniture. And its super light compared to other wands I've used in the past.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My "Black Friday" wand is on it's way. I went the 2".

May have to pull a washer off the vacuum relief. Its relieving at 15 now, and if this Dev wand is so tight and vac efficient, it just might kill me. We'll see on wednesday when it gets here.

Don't forget......I'm 67 next month, and my son can't retire from GM for a few more years. So I gotta keep it going. And he may just not retire. He's building LT engines at the Corvette plant right now. What a job!

Reactions: Cleanworks

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My Dev 12 has so much bite sometimes I have to use my old wand. The Dev has a glide but my old age is a factor. I use it as much as I can but the use more dry strokes with old wand like me. jz

I will probably try it out at 15 vac, but will pull a washer out of the vac relief if it's too ass-kickin'.

I get mine tomorrow, according to Fedex.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
You’ll need to switch to a hole glide

Marty, I ordered a hole glide today.

You were right. Should have listened.
First job was a tight glue down commercial grade. Couldn’t move the wand. Well, not forward. Today’s was on a normal short plush, and it wasn’t too bad to push/pull. I did take a washer out of the vac relief.
40C4BC31-B511-4F8A-9D12-2854A9316D35.jpeg

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom