Is Service Magic Really Worth it?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

pros and cons from people who have delt with them please..

Thanks,
Scott

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not really and definitely not for my business structure.

An owner operator can probably make some money but it's not the end all to end all advertisers.

As an add on it's probably OK but be prepared to answer your phone right away or call right away when they text or email you.

If you wait too long one of the other 3 or 4 cleaners they sent the lead to might grab it.

It was kind of a pain for me and I just broke even after all was said and done...I sub out to my guys at 50% so the math didn't work out.

I would suggest another advertiser that's out there that only charges $35.00 per month and they try to get you as many leads as possible but some might accuse me of spamming threads. :mrgreen:

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
NOOOO waste of time and money, if you have an answering service it might work.
I don't like having to return calls and not getting an answer.Then the $13 dollar charge
no matter what.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah those $13.00 charges add up quick...the $20.00 exact matches don't mean that you will land the job either.
For every good job I got 4 or 6 priceshoppers so the charges took away from the total.

Where Service Magic works is in the building or remodeling industry. I suggested to a friend of mine...just to check it out...and he is making a killing off of it.

Of course he get's $20,000.00 tickets from it....not sure what his Payperlead price is.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
C&S said:

pros and cons from people who have delt with them please..

Thanks,
Scott

Check your PM Scott.

Thanks.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
For the last 3 years i got about 10 leads a week from them, for the last six months i have gotten one. im not sure whats going on but it dropped off

randy

Name
Randy
Eventually the marketplace will eliminate them. It is getting a lot easier to utilize the net to generate calls for almost nothing, so companies like Service Magic and yellowpages.com will be on their way out.

I tried Service Magic for a couple of months than dumped them. They are a pain to deal with.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't think Service Magic is really "on the way out" because there will always be someone who doesn't want to do the marketing themselves. As you can imagine, I run into those guys all the time.

Online marketing takes hours to do correctly and most cleaners don't want to do that after cleaning all day.
They just want to spend time with their families or at the bar or whatever.

The thing that is on the way out is "expensive" online advertising. As more and more companies do this, the cheaper and cheaper it gets. you just have to do your research and maybe follow your gut a little.

Services that do things for your like Service Monster, Full Circle, Network Carpet Cleaning :mrgreen: are becoming more and more appealing to the guy who just wants to do a days work and not pay someone thousands to do the work of marketing, scheduling and answering phones.

Outsourcing is the "wave of the future"...as long as we keep it in our precious Country and provide jobs for Americans....I don't see the harm in it.

Bigger companies can provide the job, the tax work, the benefits, the career and the future for a person and the small company can still do their part to keep that person employed

It really is good for all parties involved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom