Is the Bissell Momentum the best?

Are you a BM head?

• You bet and I've never been asked why I was using a vacuum she could buy at Walmart.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
I've yet to try anything that comes close except another model of Bissell.

Just a crying shame it's such a POS.

What would it take to toughen it up?

Metal brush roll and bearings/end caps.
Seal all the hose, cup and filter fittings.
Stair assist handle.
Accessory hose would lock in place.
Longer lasting motor.

I would pay $300 to $400 for one that lasted for a few years rather then 4 months.

I may buy this vac after the holidays. It has the same features as the Dyson and its dust cup is almost double the size.

http://www.walmart.com/Hoover-Platinum- ... p/10824755

Joey I have used several of my customers Orecks and they are just too light and can't compare to a bissel with clean filters. Just clean the filters or have a spare set and the bissel is a great vac. I personally use a Kenmore bagged upright and it does a great job and I never have to clean a filter. I am just ready for a new vac that my customers can salivate over while I am cleaning their baseboards and I think the Hoover platinum is the vac to do that.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
hoover platinum looks good i liek the bagged one. try it and let me know. i bought a bissell btw mikey and its good.

Lefty724

Name
E
YES....IMO it is the best! I just ruined my pet hair model yesterday. I used my kirby first in a nasty supply house then followed with the Bissell and took out 4 full cups of dry dirt and soil in a CGD. I just finished trying to clean it all up, but the beater/brush bar is toast!!

Good thing I bought a brand new one on "black friday"....it will be in use tomorrow.

Lefty724

Name
E
BTW: From now on, whenever I know I am gonna ruin my vac on a nasty, dingy, rat hole like the one I just did....I'm gonna charge an extra $79-$89 for a new Bissell :mrgreen: !!!

Mikey P said:
I would pay $300 to $400 for one that lasted for a few years rather then 4 months.

Vacuums (when used) get nasty, even with regular cleaning. I'm happy to replace them every few months.

Mikey P

Administrator
one 10 by ten room that looked like it did not need pre vacuuming..

486a2ef5.jpg

6849a87a.jpg

Lefty724

Name
E
How do you guys like the Momentum compared to Bissell's other models? Like the Powerforce, Lift-off, Powerforce's ect....? I remember reading somewhere about Mikey and the Powerforce, but cant find it now. Looking for a new vac tomorrow.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I was already done with Hoovers but that commercial confirmed it. I think I've heard all that before spoken by a guy named Dyson. I think the filtration is the least important factor in a vacuums performance. After the brush roll. I think a well designed high speed fan and a properly shaped intake head would be key. You guys should check out the Kenmore Progressive. Yes it's bagged but pretty orange lights tell you when you are picking up dirt. You'll want to keep it at home. It's on sale!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just buggered my Cleartrak after at least two years operation. I skimped on the filters. Hadn't washed the dirty ones. I've got 2 heads I can interchange and I can take the motor in for repair (replace bearings and brushes). I can get 2 yrs or more from a Cleartrak and it'll get the soil out. I'll spend about $200 on parts and keep on trucking.

That almost looked like HOST powder in that canister Mike. Its the rooms that DON'T look like they need vacuuming that fool ya.

Mikey P

Administrator
There is an old style and a new style Momentum.
Color and handle shape are the only diffs.

I clean the foam exhaust filter every few days.

By the time the "hepa" cough! gets dirty the motor burns out anyways..

topnotchman

I've gone to like 2 Wal-Marts and Target and a few other places they never have the momentum. Only the powerforce and some other one. Guess I'd have to buy one online.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Nah, wife and I were in there last night oogling more Ryobi tools.

However when I drive a green work truck up there (Paducah) I park it right in front of the banner.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Lee Stockwell said:
You mean the place with all the big banners advertising CD's 3 rooms for $99?

don't worry, CD can't even clean let alone even think about vacuuming

not cleaning that HEPA is what's killing the motors, not enough airflow after a while plus fine dust getting through, death to the bearings. Gotta love that high pitch squeal!
Try going to a foam shop and buying a little more dense foam for that filter, maybe even buy a hepa vac bag, cut it to fit under the foam. It'll save your motor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom