Is the Ford Transit the best van ever?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I was driving through the Cuyahoga Valley today (the hilliest section of my semi flat service area) and as my little 3.7 v6 hummed along carrying my big ass, Apex 570, water tank and tools, transmission shifting effortlessly towards the top of the hills to give me the last bit of oomph I needed, it occurred to me, the Ford Transit might just be the best work van ever made.

Chris A

Name
Chris
They are pretty nice. Really peppy when you need it. Love the height! So much better than crawling on your hands and knees.
My van is a low roof so I can fit it in my garage at home when needed, but we have 2 of the mid roofs and those are the perfect height imo, most people can walk right into them, I still have to duck a bit.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have a low-roof transit and It still won't fit in my garage :dejection:
I hope I have better luck with it than my Sprinter.
The ford is nice to drive.

Reactions: Chris A

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My van is a low roof so I can fit it in my garage at home when needed, but we have 2 of the mid roofs and those are the perfect height imo, most people can walk right into them, I still have to duck a bit.
We had 3 mid roof Transits. It was like all the advantages of a box truck without the disadvantages of them.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Do you think an 870ss would fit in a transit low roof

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I feel like it’s huge it’s the original sapphire one... I have it in a box van but my guys are always complaining about driving it
A box is a pain to drive. Hard to park, hits branches, mushy ride. No fun at all but it's a trade off for being able to have everything you'd ever need with you. Easier to access the unit for maintenance. Nice to be able to stand up and not crawl on you knees.

I both love and hate box trucks.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I've only had 2 Chevys over my 17 year career, but I would be willing to give a Ford a chance. At 200,000 miles the Chevys are ready for the junkyard unless you want to keep pouring money into them. My 2014 has had a few aggravating sensor problems but nothing major yet.

Reactions: Chris A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom