Is the grass greener?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Gotta go get my coffee then replace the front brakes on the Promaster. The Tell-Tails are screaming! Listen to this.

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
26000 miles! I'd be pissed if I needed brakes that quick

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I had a 4 truck landscape business for a long time pre 2008. I miss the sunny days getting a tan and staying in good shape but definitely dont miss the 8am Seattle winter months getting soaked and freezing cold.

We did some maintenance but mostly landscape construction rockwalls, patios, fence, etc.

Overhead is much higher in landscaping and its far more competitive with competition that is actually competent lol. Way more idiots in carpet cleaning, much easier.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I have professional equipment. Zero turn and all the trimmers, edgers and blowers. I have a large lot and grass that has to be mowed twice a week.
I still hate mowing,

It is funny how we hate working on our own stuff but when we are getting paid for the same job it is not so bad.

Reactions: Mikey P

rick imby

Name
Rick
26000 miles! I'd be pissed if I needed brakes that quick

Brakes ridden hard by that driver. He accelerates hard and brakes hard. He drives the road that is 15 feet in front of him, never looking two or three cars ahead to see if the line is slowing down... Riding the bumper of the car in front of him? Probably.

I rode around Flathead lake one time with a woman driver from LA. We were in an extended 12 passenger van. We were right behind a little Miata on a very narrow windy two lane with a ton of traffic. She was never more than 20 feet from the bumper of that Miata. Pound on the gas pedal and then on the brakes... If the miata had even just quickly slowed down for a dog or pedestrian we would have been right up his tailpipe. Drove me nuts but I could not say anything.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Brakes ridden hard by that driver. He accelerates hard and brakes hard. He drives the road that is 15 feet in front of him, never looking two or three cars ahead to see if the line is slowing down... Riding the bumper of the car in front of him? Probably.

I rode around Flathead lake one time with a woman driver from LA. We were in an extended 12 passenger van. We were right behind a little Miata on a very narrow windy two lane with a ton of traffic. She was never more than 20 feet from the bumper of that Miata. Pound on the gas pedal and then on the brakes... If the miata had even just quickly slowed down for a dog or pedestrian we would have been right up his tailpipe. Drove me nuts but I could not say anything.
Sounds like my wife's driving. I just about get whiplash from the constant on the gas/on the brake. I try to be more relaxed these days. Not really in that much of a hurry anymore. Not like you're going to get there any faster anyhow these days with traffic we have here.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I pulled the wheel and took a look at things. The brakes actually look good. I don't know why they were screaching like that. I think maybe something went weird for a bit. Its not making that noise anymore. I’m keeping my eye on it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
When I was in the chimney cleaning business I started mowing our church yard in the summer and before I knew it I was doing 35-40 yards. It worked out perfect because the chimney business was only busy Oct.-March. Had an Exmark walk behind with all the riding attachments. I still mow my yard with it. A commercial mower will definitely increase production over a small Sears mower.

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

I pulled the wheel and took a look at things. The brakes actually look good. I don't know why they were screaching like that. I think maybe something went weird for a bit. Its not making that noise anymore. I’m keeping my eye on it.
Rust got under the pad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom