Is the rug badger worth having?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Is the rug badger worth having and using? Seems like a lot of picking up, vacuum then deliver back to customer just for vacuuming.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Depends on how OCD you are about soil removal and how many rugs you clean.
It's shocking how much soil even a thin woven rug can hold.

Maybe @Nomad74 can do a demonstration for us?
Damon, can you vacuum a rug using your Dyson first? Then follow up with the Badger to show how much soil the Dyson left behind. And maybe use the badger again after cleaning to show how much soil was still left after cleaning. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: KevinL and SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Damon, can you vacuum a rug using your Dyson first? Then follow up with the Badger to show how much soil the Dyson left behind. And maybe use the badger again after cleaning to show how much soil was still left after cleaning. Thanks in advance.
How much you gonna pay him for the lesson?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

No, There is no way any vacuum can outperform a good mechanical dusting. There is no amount of suction strong enough to get fine dirt out that is deeply imbedded within a wool rug.

Also, I returned that shit ass Dyson and got another Shark. The handle broke the third time I used it. It was heavy and obtuse. Glad to have a shark again. I just hope the motor lasts longer. I'll try not to drive it through mud puddles this time.

Love Best Buy.

Name
Nate W.
I have a rug badger, flatbed duster, tumble duster, true air duster, vacuum, they all have their place.. Yes a rug badger is a better than a vacuum.. But a vacuum can get the very fine soil out as the badger gets the grittier soil out.. No one method is the best, just what will fit your need..

So to answer your question, yes its a good tool..

roro

Name
Ross Craig
I have a rug badger, flatbed duster, tumble duster, true air duster, vacuum, they all have their place.. Yes a rug badger is a better than a vacuum.. But a vacuum can get the very fine soil out as the badger gets the grittier soil out.. No one method is the best, just what will fit your need..

So to answer your question, yes its a good tool..
If you had to choose one item would it be a badger or a tumble duster?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Tumble duster. The badger is a bit of a pain in the ass. But when you look at the cost of the badger compared to the tumbler, the badger wins.

Name
Nate W.

Tumble duster is good, but rugs with damage (visible and not visible) will get worse if you don't secure it.. You also have to deal with folds/creases caused by tumbling.. Some rugs you can't tumble dust like machine made, some hand knotted, tufted.. The best choice for doing volume as it's less labor intensive..

Rug Badger is good if you do low volume..

They all have their pro's/con's.. It's what's best for the situation at hand.. You can go to 5 rug shops and all will tell you their preferred ways to dust according to what equipment they have and how many employee's they employ..

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Well, there’s a guy a couple states away wanting to sell a badger.
can’t see myself hauling 10x10 or bigger just to vacuum. Nor setting this up in someone’s home or driveway. besides all that, the rug market just ain’t enough here to justify buying a badger.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Well, there’s a guy a couple states away wanting to sell a badger.
can’t see myself hauling 10x10 or bigger just to vacuum. Nor setting this up in someone’s home or driveway. besides all that, the rug market just ain’t enough here to justify buying a badger.
Unless you have a dedicated place to clean rugs, it's not worthwhile.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom