Is the USPS wrong on my postcards?

Brandon Culp

I've been sending out postcards and an occasional few are returned undeliverable. I've sent out quite a few with no phone calls, but not enough to panic. The people that I hear from in person say they love the postcard, etc, etc. So I'm confused on the no response.

Anywho, I look at the "undeliverable" postcard I had returned today. There is a long bar code sticker covering up my phone number. The USPS put the sticker on the opposite side of the address part of the postcard.

I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone at the USPS yet.

Is this bar code strictly used for "undeliverable" postcards. I'm not very excited about the idea of having almost a thousand postcards delivered and having my phone number covered by a sticker.

Any thoughts?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Yea, I'm a big postcard mailer and they only get the sticker if they are not delivered. The rest should be OK. I just had 3000 hit homes on Saturday. Booked a buncha jobs today.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I think all of mine have bars. That is why it is a smart idea to have a card sent to your self as a test or always leave the bottom 5/8" open.

Don't blame the post office look your own mirror.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Also, remember that along with the rate increase the post office it going to pay even more attention to mail being the correct size.

If your cards are a fraction of an inch too large they will be sent back as un-deliverable.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I just started doing newsletters to my customer base and I couldn't believe it cost .52 and going up to .56. I could stuff it in an envelope and mail it for .39.

Next time my mailing house is going to print and deliver them for around .55 each using thier bulk permit.

Brandon Culp

Not only did I send myself one, I asked a rep at the USPS. Apparently not every machine operator is consistent with the bar code stickers.

Why send postcards to new/old customers if you can have all the biz you want for just pennies a day?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The cards I mail go to previous customers.

I mail to them every month.

The other advertising is for NEW customers.

A business needs current customers and new customers to thrive and grow.

I spend less than 20 pennies a day to implement my marketing system.

(You can't even hardly get a gum ball for 20 cents any more.)

Last week I received over $2000.00 in work from it.

You do the math.

Whats the ROI on that!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom