Is there a gadget that this industry is missing?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The only time i need a defoamer is when i use my ink remover. that stuff kills my hoses.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was going to build one...had everything going towards a first build but then I was not allowed to weld anymore so I tossed it all out...

a sliding plate that your vacuum and solution reel can set on that you can pull out of the back of the van and pivot the reels in any direction you want towards the house ...I think that it would make setups and rolling everything back so much easier.....

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I was going to build one...had everything going towards a first build but then I was not allowed to weld anymore so I tossed it all out...

a sliding plate that your vacuum and solution reel can set on that you can pull out of the back of the van and pivot the reels in any direction you want towards the house ...I think that it would make setups and rolling everything back so much easier.....

Nice idea

I'd like to see incorporated in that a washing device that automatically washes the hoses when you roll them back into the van with the hoses on a motorised reel.

Mikey P

Administrator
A de-foamer canister attached to the wand, so you don't have to put the wand down to go get the de-foamer. Just open the valve and it sucks the liquid through the hose.

I made a goofy looking one that actually worked. It was just way too big because Home depot didn't have the right size pipe I needed to look half decent

a jug of defoamer lasts us years..

wtf are you doing wrong?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

wtf are you doing wrong?
I'm not doing anything wrong. It's just when I go behind those jobs where a jug of soap has been spilled, or the homeowner tried their own concoction. There's maybe one out of 90days I'll need to use it. But on that one day...I'm using a lot of it. That's when I came up with the idea of that canister on the wand.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Software to track and process rug cleaning.

Care to expound on what features and functionality you'd be looking for?

Are you wanting to track it through each step of the process? Inspection/Identification, dusting, washing, rinsing, drying, final inspection, ready for delivery/pickup? Automatic customer notifications as its going through the process? Ticket system the client could be issued ticket number for each rug and see where it's at in the process based on what the technician has entered. Photos/documentation storage?

Barcode scanning? Need to sync information with any other programs or software? Do you need different user permissions? Dealing with payments? Mobile app?

I've thought about this quite a bit the last year.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
here is a simple one....on the 5-gallon buckets that we order...how about putting a screw type lid on them so that you can seal them better and not having everything dry out...

B1155858628.jpg B1155858628.jpg

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Care to expound on what features and functionality you'd be looking for?

Are you wanting to track it through each step of the process? Inspection/Identification, dusting, washing, rinsing, drying, final inspection, ready for delivery/pickup? Automatic customer notifications as its going through the process? Ticket system the client could be issued ticket number for each rug and see where it's at in the process based on what the technician has entered. Photos/documentation storage?

Barcode scanning? Need to sync information with any other programs or software? Do you need different user permissions? Dealing with payments? Mobile app?

I've thought about this quite a bit the last year.
No.

Reactions: JS41035

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
here is a simple one....on the 5-gallon buckets that we order...how about putting a screw type lid on them so that you can seal them better and not having everything dry out...

View attachment 83253 View attachment 83254
I have one of those on the cat food in the barn. For a year a raccoon would chew on the bucket, throw it around room to room. Just tear up the barn 8n frustration. lol

That BASTARD figured out how unscrew the lid. :cry:
Now I put the 5 gallon container in the trash can that the horse feed is in. So far he hasn't figured out where I put it. :biggrin:

sassyotto

Name
Paul
A spotter dispenser built onto a wand with a trigger so that I don't have to set my wand down and hunt for my spotter bottles every time I run across a spot.
heres a trick for you...If you use a CRB, just keep a small bottle of solvent spotter hanging from your pocket. when a spot does not come out while pile lifting, give it a shot and then run over it with the pile lifter again. Takes out most spots prior to using the wand.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray

The gorilla box did something similar but for your truckmount. Sales guy told me a few technitions forgot to lock it down and the whole thing slid out the side of the box going around a corner. They don’t offer that feature anymore. Kinda sad because to me it was the only feature that made the $22,000 box on top of the $30,000 van worth it.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen

wtf are you doing wrong?

Maybe it is going behind local franchises but I go through a jar of defoamer a month. Often The whole landscape turns into a canola and I have to toss a scoop down the hose.

One of these days I’ll find a piece of rubber and make a flap that I can thumb aside, squirt defoamer in the cuff and thumb it shut again. Maybe I’ll build that tomorrow after I teach my granddaughter to gas weld.

Reactions: SamIam and BIG WOOD

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A roller could telescope out from the hose reel to do just what Jim Martin envisions easily.

the easy part was pulling it out....what was going to be tricky was having the vacuum reel..and possibly the solution reel sitting on a pivoting plate........

if your hoses come out the back...and you have to park on the street...it would be great to slide the reels out...and pivot them towards the door.....drop a locking pin in it to keep it from moving...
finish the job..everything is a straight pull back onto the reel....pivot it back and slide it into the van......

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom