Is this a racket or what?

I have been using smaller dehus on a few restoration jobs I have come up. They work great. I usually need 2-4 depending on the size of the job. The ones I am using are 70 pint dehus meaning they remove around 70 pints of water at 60 relative humidity. After a few days with them and fans running the humidity is around 30 percent and everything is dried out nicely. I can get these brand new online for around 200 dollars. A new lgr dehu is 1200-2000 dollars. Of course customer is paying me directly. Insurance companies want the larger lgr, but the result is basically the same. What I am getting at is I can get 5 brand new dehus that work perfectly fine for 1000 dollars or 5 lgrs for 10 grand. I personally would never invest that kind of money in equipment because you never know when it is going to get stolen, damaged, etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Daniel what you're using is working for you but its not designed to be moved around. They make those units to go in a home and stay there. The professional units are built for a life of rugged use.

As far as operation the LGR is designed to continue operate as the air gets drier. Your units will become less efficent while the LGR's will remove moisture.

That is why an insurance company wants to see LGR's, its a better value for them since they dry faster in low grains.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom