Is this common with TM slide ins?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
When I set up the PC 650 I outfitted it with an electric Rokan reel. I've noticed in the first 600 hrs that occasionally the electric real would stop working 1/2 way through winding up the hose or occasionally not at all. But, it didn't happen often enough to warrant concern but just a pimple on my arse from time to time. I figured that I was going to have to replace the motor but last week I think I figured out the problem? It hasn't hiccuped since.

can anyone tell me what was causing this?

Last edited:

Scott Rogers

Your thread is titled wrong. what the heck does a malfunctioning hose reel have to do with whether the cleaning unit is a slide in or Pto? nothing.

Reactions: hogjowl

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Before another "Scott" gets all bent out of shape because I mis titled my thread let me explain what I figured out. It may very well be due to a bad connection or wiring but we found it doesn't have the power to run the reel when the TM is shut off, hench why it would quit in the middle of the wind up sometimes. Myself or helper would shut down TM after a cool down period. I guess I should have explained this I was just looking for other reasons that you more experienced guys had encountered over the years.

and your right Scott my V had a problem couple months back and it was traced to bad hot wire from battery and it is NOT a slide in! Now calm your feathers down!

Scott Rogers

Use a full size battery for you slide in and reel. would have more then enough power. Lawn tractor batteries many use on their units are crap. You could even tap into your truck battery to power slide in and reel eliminating the need for a second battery altogether. Lots of trucks are set up this way.

Reactions: hogjowl and BLewis

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Use a full size battery for your slide in and reel. would have more then enough power. Lawn tractor batteries many use on their units are crap. You could even tap into your truck battery to power slide in and reel eliminating the need for a second battery altogether. Lots of trucks are set up this way.

Use the truck battery . . .

and larger wiring (#8) to eliminate the problem.

Larry

John Olson

Name
John Olson
He has a 650 it has a full size battery or it did when it was shipped to the supplier. There should be zero reason to connect to the vehicle. Maybe your battery has a bad cell. Did you take it o autozone or orielllys to have it cheked? I would be more inclined to think a bad ground/loose wire but it could be a bad battery but it isn't because of the battery/machine being to small. We have had zero issues in all the time I have been on this side of the industry with any make of electric reel unless it was bad wiring or use error.

Reactions: BLewis

Mike Draper

I have a little circuit breaker on my hose real. from winding up my hose some water got on it and corroded the breaker. My hose reel was doing exactly as yours was. I replaced the breaker (5bucks) and its been great ever since.

Reactions: John Olson

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I love my PC 650! Hog jaw it's a Rokan Reel nothing to do with Tm, quit bashing other TMs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom