Is this repairable???

My guys no matter how many times I tell them, someone invariably tightens the Temp Heat release bypass valve to tight and they damage the seat. My old disty says they are not repairable. However this is a sizable chunk out of their checks to replace. So can it be rebuilt or replaced with a superior model???
Thanks,Rob.

PS:Official name in repair book is Valve, metering FP.
Prochem Performer 405.
Anyone know what the FP stands for?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally, I figure if your seats are damaged that easily, either get a better seat, or stop letting your employees eat Mexican.

May be you should switch to leather seats.

admiralclean said:
Personally, I figure if your seats are damaged that easily, either get a better seat, or stop letting your employees eat Mexican.

May be you should switch to leather seats.

Don't quit your day job...stick to cleaning carpets...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Was that Danny on Marty's computer?

FP=Fook you're going to Pay

I think they are right, the seat has been damaged. You could check with Windtrax and see if they have it any cheaper.

Stopping it is the answer, maybe you should fix it and let them know the next one is on them. :?:

Greenie

I'm not much help on this, but bring us non-ProChem guys up to speed, is this some type of bypass to allow you to do floodwork etc..?

Why are the guys tightening it in the first place?

Greenie

ahhh....I just used my courtesy hose to do that and refill my soap bucket in the process.

Ball valve sounds like the fix.

Greenie said:
ahhh....I just used my courtesy hose to do that and refill my soap bucket in the process.

Ball valve sounds like the fix.

Sounds like a good idea. But the machine needs to bypass on its own when in use and then manually to cool it. Will a ball valve still work?
Thanks.

Greenie

It's using a solenoid of some type if it's automatic, it's not using the over complicated manual needle valve.

If it's bypassing water that much, I would look at making use of the avail. hot water not bypassing it, higher flow on a wand could be helpful.

T

The Magician

Greenie the problem with the 405 is: It by passes too much water and fills the waste tank fast.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Not if you use up that hot water. My maxx used to go into exhaust divert about every 10 seconds. It won't exhaust divert at all at 12 flow, unless I stop for a few minutes.

The Magician said:
Greenie the problem with the 405 is: It by passes too much water and fills the waste tank fast.

I have ran mine back to the fresh water tank. Problem is that it is now bypassing hot water constantly and you lose 25 or more degrees at the wand. I might run it to my water box. But ideally you don't want it to bypass unless you want it too.
Rob.

G

Are your employees really going to pay for the repair?
They certainly don't have to.
Think I would tell YOU to get screwed(no pun).

I also think the Dept. of Labor would side with the employee.

T

The Magician

I the valve is constantly by -passing is probably needs cleaned or replaced. Probably clogged up and in the open position casing water to by pass.

Scottie

Fix the valve.
Fix the problem at the source, namely the employee.
I OWN a 405, it is a great machine.
ANY machine can be destroyed by apathy.
Call Jon Don Service for advice, they are pretty good guys.

R

R W

I used to run a 405 Per, and had replaced that valve once or twice. I think it's a SS to brass seat. It does wear out, and can leak even when closed, causing heat loss. PIA to replace, if I remember right. Before I quit using the 405, I had every bypass and shutdown sensor bypassed, just to keep it running.

It's for sale....but it needs some work to get running again....motor, blower, and pump in good condition.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom