Is V or A faster than a 25/47 when single-wanding?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Is a V or A faster than an average (25/47) TM when single wanding? The only thing I can think of is fewer dry strokes, but I do only one with my 25/47 and get less than 2 hr. dry times. Most average TMs get 220-230, which is, I think, about the safe limit for Parflex.

Greenie

At what flow rate?

Lots of units make good heat, until you hit em' with 010 flow.

Mikey P

Administrator
The little things add up..

Like not haveing to worry about how long your hose run is.
Parking any where you want or can..
No time spent searching for a hose bib.
Electric vac reel.
Dont have to empty the whole truck to get to something in back.
Customer getting the hell out of dodge because your so damn noisey etc...

G

This was a topic on the ICS forum yesterday.

I dont think any particular TM with Reels.. is any faster persay.
The only way I could fathom' the big V being quicker.. is with the one pass vac.. but even with a V.. I'd make two.. as I like to make sure.

With that being said.. getting faster on jobs.. comes only with efficiency.. which to me mainly is learning when to do what.. and esp. when it comes to furniture moving.. how far, when and where to move it.
Hose management..

Things like that.. shave 10 or 15 minutes per job..

And if you dont have hose reels.. you're really slower. IMHO.

Greenie

Biggest thing I regret was not having an elec. hose reel.

Lisa was lucky she had an elec. reel. ME

I would even consider an elec. solution reel, time is money, also why spend an ounce of sweat that you don't absolutely have to?

I've always thought a good idea would be a solution reel the size of the vac reel, just a thin channel maybe an inch wide at the end of the vac reel, that way with each revolution you would pull in more sol. hose quicker. The vac hose would jsut need a clip to keep it from banging around when you pulled it in and moved on to solution, one motor one reel.
It would have a larger radius which would be good for plastic hoses, and it would be better for a live hose reel cause the hose left on the reel would have better exposure to air and not be so prone to Cook the first 50'.
What say you?
How long before somebody runs with it? lol

G

I agree Greenie.
I always think I'm going to be a young feller.

But I am tired or reeling that damn hose reel. lol
it doesnt take long on my shorter runs.. but I'd probably spend the money for an electric.. for the vac anyways. Esp with bigger hose.. and If I ever had a V... and worked 400' from the truck.. NO way in hell I'm donig that booger' by hand. ha.

G

LOL

I hear ya Lurch. Not long to do all that. Pays to be a strapping lad.

I dont mind the 175... thats my main tool.

The cimex sits in the shop alot..

If I had a V.. i admit.. I would probably be a 175 rpm/ glided wand cleaner..

If i had a V.. i'd probably run an emulsifier thru it.. and that would be it. .. with the HEAT and vac from that monster.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
All the above makes sense to me. The reason I asked is a few weeks ago on another board a guy commented how much faster his jobs went with his new big machine. I've been wondering why.

How are power hose reels faster? The hoses still need to be dragged to the truck. Doesn't take any time to wind them on if fed from the bottom. Wiping the hoses off with two hands instead of one hand while winding them onto the reel would be easier.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Greenie said:
Biggest thing I regret was not having an elec. hose reel.

I've always thought a good idea would be a solution reel the size of the vac reel, just a thin channel maybe an inch wide at the end of the vac reel, that way with each revolution you would pull in more sol. hose quicker.

I though one large electric solution hose would make better sense than two smaller ones on the Vortex it could be mounted on the same frame as the vacuum hose between it and the fresh water tank...hummm

G

Hey John LaRue

Having hose reels,electric over manual.. wont be faster to me.. but easier...

I too grip the incoming vac and pressure line with one hand, with a towell.. and turn the reel with the second hand.. cleaning as I go. ITs very quick.
I would venture to say the same thing for an electric.. just a little bit easier or less energy..

No big deal now.. but in the later years.. Hopefully so. ha.

Take care bud.

G

I have a different take on this. I do believe the V is a more productive machine, and yes I have cleaned with one. The reel has very little to do with it. It is the lift and airflow you get with this machine. The lift is way stronger than a regular machine pulling even 15" lift. Most V's are set at 18"HG, and while an extra 3"HG may not sound like much, when put with a glided Ti wand as most are, that extra lift and cfm removes more water and soil with every stroke. Lesser machines that need 2 strokes to clean a carpet well can very often be done with 1 on the V or AT. And dry strokes? Not as many needed here too, cause you got most of the moisture on the first pass here as well. Since the average cleaner that cleans carpets 5 hours a day moves a wand back an forth nearly 15,000 times on average, those saved strokes add up over the day. And that makes you more productive .

G

So lets see here...

1- Bigger water tanks (Time is money when filling and dumping during the day)

2- Electric hose reels so it takes less time to reel up 200 feet of hose.

3- More room on the truck so one isn't bouncing around reaching for this or that.

4- Heat which helps melt the grung quicker

5- Vac is stronger- Like when we went from the 12 tto 15 hg step, the V owners going from 15-18 step to pull more out quicker to make it dryer.

6- More room to bring more TIME saving things with us. I wish I had room this week to bring my whittaker with. But I'm strapped for room. Where will I put my tile stuff at when I carry a brute and a porty since I had to wet clean a condo on the 19th floor.

7- Dual wanding. Yesterday I could of dueled 4 out of 5 jobs that I did.

The thing that is holding me back other than the miles I put on a van (40k a year) is that I live in the ice belt of the year. Right now its 16 degrees outside. I can't fit that into my shop yet. The new house will have 9 foot doors though.

So for me after the new house will be a big truck...either an AeroTech or a Sprinter with an ElectroMount.

Chad

JohnnyV

I think with that Electric hose reel, you should clean your way in. Instead of going to the farthest part and working out, you just start at the front door and work your way in...When your finished, just run out to the truck and hit the button.! It winds up the hose, puts the wand away and probably drags half your corner guards out with it.

JohnnyV

G

I thought about what Ken said.. when answering before he responded.. and it makes sense.

How much time savings? that depends..
But its possible with the flush and major vac..

But I'd still make 2 passes.. so its not a savings to me.
I want to 'make sure'..

With my Butler, I feel that I need to make that second pass.
With the V... it would be habit and to make sure.

Thats how I thought.

Good info Ken.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
With my V I still do lots of vac passes, I still do several cleaning passes. But we do dual wand almost every job. Even if its 2 rooms, we dual it. That is where you make good time.

G

Steve,

It is so funny reading your posts. You are clearly trying to convince yourself that you don't need a V/AT. That's ok if you don't want one but I can tell you if you make 2 vac passes with that Butler then 1 Vac pass with a V/AT will be better. You would be shocked at how much suction my truck has. When I am by a Butler now I think the vac hose is clogged. The suction from a Butler is pathetic.

You keep part time cleaning with your Butler and I will keep making 1,000 to 1,500 per day with my over priced 74,000 Aero Tech.

Dave

G

With my V I still do lots of vac passes, I still do several cleaning passes

Adam: After having cleaned over 25,000 houses with other TMs, and only a couple with the V, I noticed that more work could be done with the V's more powerful vacuum. If you are like the majority of cleaners that average 5 hours a day of wanding, then you may move the wand 15,000 strokes a day. If half of those stokes are drying strokes, and because of superior vacuum you could cut down on even 10% of them, you would save 750 strokes a day. Now that is only 15 minutes right? No be deal right? But watch what happens over the course of a year if you work 300 days a year:

300 days X 15 minutes = 4500 minutes or 75 hours

Now most of us claim we make at least $100/hr when our TM is running right? See what 15 minutes costs you per year?

75 hours X $100/hr+ = minimum $7500/yr

Not done yet though. A V is probably going to last you 10 years minimum, so the savings over the 10 years is more than most imagine:

$7500/yr X 10 years = $75,000

So the savings in efficiency are almost enough to pay for the entire system over 10 years. But since the premium to buy it in the first place is not more than $25,000 over what you would pay for a lesser system, you are really about $50,000 ahead over the 10 years! But that is just if this machine reduces your wand strokes on the dry passes 10%. I think it does the same on the cleaning strokes as well. If I am right on that, you save another $75,000 and are ahead $125,000 over the 10 years.

You get the point here: A V does not cost you money, it makes you/saves you money. The only way it wont is if you don't stay busy using it.

G

BTW, I find the people that do not understand the big differences that small gains in efficencies make over time , are the same people that do not understand that putting a few thousands away each year will grow to well into the millions of dollars by the time they retire, and so never do it, or wait too long before ever getting started.

S

Scott Noble

It's a bullshit question. How many hours do you want to go over the variables? And there's no way you can design a side by side comparison.

JohnnyV

You need to make that second pass unless your a Hack in my opinion....I don't care how much lift you got.....Keep doing what your doing Steve!...

G

we could not import the Raptor to Cuba

we use a Soviet truck mount motor comes from a Lada sedan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom