Is your credit line frozen?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Ours is froze since Friday. Have you checked yours lately?. I'm usually fairly optimistic but starting to worry now. Dow's taking a big dip today. The sky is failing.

Albert

TimP

Wife took out 2 grand a week or two....we haven't tried to pull any since.

Only reason we did was to finish the insulation in our home for this winter....our floors were uninsulated since we built on a crawl space. I think we are good for a while as long as we maintain what we did last year business wise.

Jimbo

Which Bank Albert?

Bof A reduced mine by 25% two months ago...but it is still open.

americlean

B of A is reducing across the board. A few businessmen buddies of mine told me they were cut back to about 5G's over what they owed. They cut mine by about 10 %...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Which Bank Albert?

National City. They just got downgraded.

I called them to see if they can reduce the limit but they are just flat out freezing ours. Home value has dropped significantly. Only thing they say is to have it re appraised and if it meets their requirements they will reinstate it.

Albert

MikeD00019

Bank lowered my credit limit and JACKED my rates if i use the card again. There goes my life line for this winter.

TimP

It does make it hard for us small businesses. Luckily I have some in the bank for january. But it is really tough. I don't know about our credit limit for our business credit card. But so far everything has gone through as far as I know. I use bank of america for my business credit card. And Regions bank for our line of credit...although that's personal.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have 2 credit lines that total over 100k and just got a raise on one of them. They tried to raise the rate on one line, I complained and they put it back where it was. Luckily I have barely made a dent in the credit lines. Pays to have a high credit score.

Scott

But but but.....I thought this !@#$ing bailout plan was supposed to solve all of this???? What's this? The DOW was down 800 pts today before going back to down "only" around 370. What??? The bailout plan isn't the panacea it was purported to be? You mean politicians....LIED.....AGAIN? And some of you bought it hook, line, and sinker.

What's really happening is the gov't just passed a bunch of incomprehensible pork barrel spending programs with this 1.4 trillion (let's call it what it is because they LIED again at $700 billion) "bailout". So, fellow Americans, be ready to spend $17k - $35k per taxpayer to pay off this ugly mofo of a bill. Be sure to add that to the $25k(+) bill per taxpayer for the original deficit.

The only good news is that if you think we in the US are in trouble, take a look around the world. Russia closed their stock market for the 3rd time in 2 weeks as they were down - again - about 17% IN A DAY. Because the dollar is strengthening, that means the rest of the world is completely screwed. Insiders know what's going on and the Euro/GBP are in big BIG trouble. We're in mild trouble compared to them, but we're still in big financial trouble. It may be almost time to reset the global monetary policy - tick tock - closer to New World Order.. AIG, et al, sent a cloud over the entire world and was perpetuated by politicians who looked the other way. The world was duped, and they're not going to be happy about this.

Interesting times ahead, people. Hang on for the ride. I wouldn't be surprised if the US Stock Markets kicked ass tomorrow, then are off again for the week by Friday. There is a REAL bank panic going on right now - a global run on the banks which is unprecedented. In the past a country may have a bank run, but regs since the Great Depression were supposed to fix that. (enter AIG, Lehman, Sachs, etc.)

This time around it'll be a whole new set of reasons to take more of our freedoms away - just you watch. Neither side - dem or rep - is blameless in this mess so don't even start the finger-pointing. We elect these idiots - IT'S OUR FAULT - so own up to it and do what you can to REMOVE THEM NOW.

I'm normally a mild-mannered type of guy but this mess of epic proportions requires a response at least equal thereof.

Scott

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hey, Im still getting no intrest for 12 month credit cards 8) . So far no decrease in available credit...

I'm sure it is soon to come though.

Keith

TimP

I'm actually planning on transfering some balances to low fixed rate promotions through chase. 3.99 lifetime till paid off in an effort to save a few bucks in interest....

Able 1

Name
Keith
TimP said:
I'm actually planning on transfering some balances to low fixed rate promotions through chase. 3.99 lifetime till paid off in an effort to save a few bucks in interest....

Chase is probably my fav. CC company... They started my business!

Keith

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
My available credit has been lowered. This could mean serious trouble for me very soon. No one said this was going to be easy though.

TimP

The bank where my line of credit is through came by today and said they expect to lock the credit lines this week. As in no way of getting money out of it. And I've also heard that they are going to start lowering credit lines on credit cards. I don't know how the second one is true but the other is from the bank.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
THINK ABOUT THIS GUYS
LOWER CREDIT LIMITS ON CREDIT CARDS AND LINES OF CREDIT
make your debt ratio higher
lowers your beacon score
raises your insurance rates
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
handdi said:
THINK ABOUT THIS GUYS
LOWER CREDIT LIMITS ON CREDIT CARDS AND LINES OF CREDIT
make your debt ratio higher
lowers your beacon score
raises your insurance rates
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Dont forget the FICO score
they lower it to right at where you have it, then when the 1st batch of finance charges hit.....oh shit did WE make you go over limit....so sorry thats another $35....
Screws up all things tied to credit, so the it takes you over a yr to fix THIER shit...

fookers

Gary T

I don't get it. I read all the posts and in the papers it says nobody's getting credit for sh*t. Not even friggin credit cards.

I went to Chase 2 weeks ago to open a 2nd personal checking acct. She opens the puter and says you want a cc. Sure. WOW, we're giving you a huge credit line. OK. Doe's your biz need a line of credit? Julie, you know I don't. Take it anyway, they're offering and not giving them to anyone these days. OK. WOW 75K.

I have no idea what the hell just happened.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Must be a west coast thing..LOL

The credit union we use sent us a bunch of papers telling us what our line of credit is and we have never used a line of credit with them or even asked for one.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
rjfdube said:
Thanks to my late ex-wife; my credit will be frozen forever. :roll: :cry:

LATE huh???

did the hole, or the blood, or the knock on the head from the gun that dont kill people do it???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom