Issue with an adjuster

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I had a long term customer call me about a full basement flood. When I arrived about 2 hours later, the insurance adjuster had already arrived and proceeded to tell the customer that he already had made arrangements for another company to complete the job. He also told her that I was dishonest and would rip her off. The house was sold but had not closed yet, so the new owners where going to handle the repair. I have contacted my attorney to sent him a letter telling him that if this happens again we will go after them for the loss of work. I would like to know how some other contractors have dealt with this type of problem. :?:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
That really stinks and I've had it happen to me, but at the end of the day, TRY and deal withit without burning bridges.

If at all possible, take the high road. By all means let them know how you feel, but it might be me, but I wouldn't go as far as threatening them of further action if it occurs again.

Just my thoughts. I did the above and now work for the company that did it to me twice about 5-7 year back.

John

steve g

Name
steve garrett
dude I have so been there, the problem nowadays is the claims offices are in on it too, the customer goes to file the claim then the regional claims office bullies them into using a vendor, I have been standing right next to a customer before and heard the claims office tell the customer they had to use service master, then tell the customer to have me leave they would pay my service call and call SM, I pray one day there is some sort of massive class action lawsuit that comes and pummels the insurance industry for this. there are some ways to avoid problems it normally starts with a work authorization, I also make it a priority to be ON the job when the adjuster is there, especially if I am after the repair work, the crap talk normally ends when you are standing right there

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom