It be nice..

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My son is enjoying the new variable speed controller we put on the stealth fan. Gets the RPM's nice and low.

Reactions: DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Works really well.

20200927_104805.jpg
20200927_104958.jpg

@Mikey P you will like this part for the baseboard caulking.

20200927_105247.jpg

Reactions: Living The Dream

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
less is more

those stupid things put down waaay too much product

remember, just fill the gap
It was my toilet. I was just testing the the profile tool. I do prefer smaller bead.

FredC

Village Idiot
less is more

those stupid things put down waaay too much product

remember, just fill the gap
Maybe it is because of the way I grew up seeing it but sometimes when I see your jobs I think "that doesn't look right".....ever get any customers like that?

Mikey P

Administrator
Maybe it is because of the way I grew up seeing it but sometimes when I see your jobs I think "that doesn't look right".....ever get any customers like that?
No but I know what you mean and most people are so used to seeing caulking on both sides of the gap that I tell them up front that I'm only going to fill it then after it dries the next day when I return which is often the case to do more they agree with me that looks absolutely killer and seamless from just a bit of a distance.

Caulkins and silicones fail when people spread them too far onto the walls and tubs as they get thin and they eventually peel back from movement or over cleaning and dirt and debris get behind them and the mold starts and it's all over with.

Only fill the gap.....

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
No but I know what you mean and most people are so used to seeing caulking on both sides of the gap that I tell them up front that I'm only going to fill it then after it dries the next day when I return which is often the case to do more they agree with me that looks absolutely killer and seamless from just a bit of a distance.

Caulkins and silicones fail when people spread them too far onto the walls and tubs as they get thin and they eventually peel back from movement or over cleaning and dirt and debris get behind them and the mold starts and it's all over with.

Only fill the gap.....
That's what nice about this profile tool. It cleans it up real nice. I agree about bead being too big. It can be pretty unsightly.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Ill be removing it tomorrow to try the 90 degree profile to keep on the edge and fill gap only.

Mikey P

Administrator
Derek there's no way that tool is not leaving a thin skin I don't know if you are at the demos in Vegas but it takes a tremendous amount of wiping and careful clean up and a headlight to see the slight residue that's left behind when working with silicones and acrylic caulking

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
caulking is a skill few folks have believe it or not .
Of the dozens of guys I've worked with, only two were good at it
(I ain't one of 'em...I'm "OK" at best...unless I take 14 hours to doit)

Be it countertops, molding or tubs...
the thin skin on sides Mike referred to can also yellow with age

and QUAD caulk for exterior siding and window break metal is the worst (incredibly durable and THE best to use for such)
But it's not spreadable like "regular" silicone and latex caulks

you have to run a bead consistent from the tube
once 'n done

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Derek there's no way that tool is not leaving a thin skin I don't know if you are at the demos in Vegas but it takes a tremendous amount of wiping and careful clean up and a headlight to see the slight residue that's left behind when working with silicones and acrylic caulking
I had a flash light. Yes, no matter what you use, it always leaves a skin. I still had to clean up with towel. But what was nice about this tool, it left behind very little skin up on wall or floor. So clean up was easier.

I was at the demo station. I did a lot of it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I really enjoyed having Derek and his wife in class..

They would sit up front during the speaking session so that Derek could read my lips and his wife would do her best with sign language to convey what he wasn't getting

She was a ton of fun to be around and I got a real kick out of watching her sign cuz she always looked as if she was yelling and cussing at him during the whole process

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
caulking is a skill few folks have believe it or not .
Of the dozens of guys I've worked with, only two were good at it
(I ain't one of 'em...I'm "OK" at best...unless I take 14 hours to doit)

When I was young and dumb a lot of my buddies worked at a glass shop(me also for a little while), mirrors, shower doors, etc.

The ones that stayed for a long time had unreal skills by the time they finally got off the truck. 1/2" shower walls held up with caulk and shat. Amazing & scary work.

I vote for glazers as best caulkers. Sssss

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom