it occured to me...regarding board sales suppliers

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
a friend and i were talking about how Cobby can take a licking and keep on ticking

He's taken a shot or three here from some heavyweights ..he simply rolls with the punches undaunted and moves forward with his well formulated sales pitches .

I got to thinking, he's not the only one..most have experienced the "shark tank" this place can be .

Rick Gelinas
Steve Toburine
Scott Warrington (when he fell on the sword for his bosses over that marketing scam the Hanks tried to weasel out of)
Bill Bruders/SS
Areotec
Rotvac :barf:
Hell, even Ed Valentine is back

those are just the few i can think of off the top of my heAd

they're all taken some hits from the the worlds greatest CCing forum members..and some hits from "heavyweights"
..and they're still here.
They didn't run away .
They didn't start backstabbing campaigns on other boReds or sulk away..
and all doing well here too as result of staying power .

maybe, just maybe they're better at biz ?
or have more chutzpah ?(is that how it's spelled, Ofer??)
or aren't too insecure to be in biz?

or maybe they know there's a great big diverse viewing market and it's in their intere$t to be here ...

makes me wonder if the few that disappeared "get it"??:oldrolleyes:

..L.T.A.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
OR maybe what you are pointing out is that A Salesman is A Salesman and the only thing they GAS about is the almighty $$. And maybe that is why they can lay down and take the shit that they do.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
lay down as opposed to what? and who??

Mikey P

Administrator
I get what Larry is saying.

and I agree and support his message.

Those the really "bleed" their product wont let a few negative comments, a few mishaps, a few not so well formulated batches, a few off topic losses in battles of wit, a few worthless broke dick's opinions and a few rounds in the ring of hard knocks get in their way of promoting what they truly believe in.

Right on meAt, you may use the world's shittest truckmount ever but you will always be my right hand man when it comes to keeping this joint the best ever.

I would add Bill Yeadon to that list and unfortunately, that's about it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
kinda sad the more I think about it.

Larry, I'll let you list Board Du Jour members that have fell to the way side because if I do it I may get another well formulated letter from Mrs Pajama Lawer

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think all of you have completely missed the point.

All the salesmen who gather here realize they can never find a bigger pile of dumb-assed buyers anywhere else on the face of the earth.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I suppose some can't handle the board's particular brand of sadomasochism. Others thrive on it. Whatever works for you.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
I suppose some can't handle the board's particular brand of sadomasochism. Others thrive on it. Whatever works for you.

Take care,
Lisa

the 'Board's" or the real world's?

In my view if they can't hang here they'll either bounce around on the sub par forums for a while until they get bounced for the same reasons, out right disappear or create a forum of their own so they can play dictator.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Every forum has it's own form of torture. Pick your poison. They are also all in a constant state of flux as characters move in and out and the industry evolves.

I figure if being on a board is causing someone to want to beat their wife and kick the dog and lose sleep, then they are better off elsewhere or off the forums completely.

Some suppliers and manufacturers do well on the boards and can handle problems with grace....others should stay off. Many have been known to shoot themselves in the foot with their board persona or the way they handle problems or criticism.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
I figure if being on a board is causing someone to want to beat their wife and kick the dog and lose sleep

I see it the other way in many cases..

Venting on the Boards is a great relief and great entertainment, isn't that right Fred Boyle?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I suppose some can't handle the board's particular brand of sadomasochism...
Yeah, in a kinda sadomasochistic way I keep checking in here for the drama. And this place never disappoints me! :)

Steve

PS And yes, I agree on the positive comments above about Big Billy Yeadon. Bill is the "unsung hero" of our industry. His biggest failing is he is way too humble. (My biggest gripe about Bill is he works/travels way too much and therefore makes it obvious what a slacker I am.)

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This place is not bad at all, mike keeps it mild for most part. Once in awhile you see an outburst, nothing too bad.

Some of the other boards have convicted murderers, rapists and other various low lifes.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Believe me Lisa is also a capitalist pig too Mikey..................

And like you she is no Ms. innocent either!

And what ever happened to that word "prolly" ?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Lisa?

hardly.

liberal commie if you ask me.
I love Lisa to death even though we don't see eye to eye on many many things and we could all use a bit of her compassion and she could use a bit of our capitalism. She deserves way more then she is getting from this industry. I don't think anyone really gets what she did for everyone of us except for a few of us that have been her friends since the beginning. Without her willingness and fortitude to fight to the bitter end no matter what, glides would have completely disappeared. I know people where working on contingency plans but if they had won it would have embolden them to continue destroying any and all challengers. Every one of you should call me right now and order two of every glide you use :rockon:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I do give the suppliers respect for having some thick skin. John olson gave me a hell of a deal on a mytee chemical shelf and dry master upholstery tool. he even gave a democrat like me good customer service:stir: lol, Just messin with ya John

Able 1

Name
Keith
Still sore over the whole Interlink post card thing(I was thinking it was going to be like SM,and if it was I would have made way more coin) but I like to do biz with John when I can.. I could use a glide(slot) for my Ti wand if you want to send it out?

Able 1

Name
Keith
AND that is what I'm talking about as far as service.. :winky:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I would guess that the majority of Suppliers have come to realize what the very nature of a few are or can be when these boards came into existence way back when. We all have learned.

However, never forget those famous words that are spoken to so many of the self-employed small businesses: "You are married to your business" , and many are who have worked so very hard to make their enterprises a success over time. We all know it takes a ton of hard work and dedication. Therefore, being "married" (to ones business) , human nature takes it personal , especially at the beginning until all aspects are analyzed and sorted out. Being a "Supplier; or, a Professional Carpet Cleaner such as yourself, doesn't matter because we all have that sweat equity in our businesses.

What some think is Constructive criticism can be helpful ; however, I believe we have all witnessed at one time or another, that the reality of it sometimes brings out a few worms who love to hide behind the key board and dump unjustly on many of the true professionals such as those mentioned above.

hey, even in High School we did have a few "Klass Klowns"!

best to all;
Ed Valentine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom