Administrator
Guru.

IMG_20201021_103828.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
"Momento Mori"

You will have an auriga come forth shortly here, I'm sure.

My bet is it will be Marty

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I still haven’t figured out what Jim is saying

When a conquering leader rode his chariot in triumph through Rome, a person known as an “auriga” held the laurel crown just over his head and whispered:

“Remember You Are Mortal”. (Momento Mori in Latin)

You are always there to keep Mikey humble by reminding him he is not a God....through you do occasionally credit him for being The Prince of Darkness.

F

FB7777

This is just verbal redemption

Jim got beat up and had his lunch money taken a lot in grade school

• Haha
Reactions: Fat Mike

Brian H

Name
Brian H
When a conquering leader rode his chariot in triumph through Rome, a person known as an “auriga” held the laurel crown just over his head and whispered:

You are always there to keep Mikey humble by reminding him he is not a God....through you do occasionally credit him for being The Prince of Darkness.
I had always thought it was 'sic transit gloria mundi', all glory is fleeting. At least that's what I learned watch the movie Patton.

F

FB7777

I question the manner in which these barbarians are portrayed in modern film

drunken empty vessels like Peter Otoole make these leaders sounds like every word uttered had meaning

When in reality they coveted and enslaved most of the population

hardly to be revered

My favorite part is how much of the senate were slaughtered to grab their wealth to fight on

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I question the manner in which these barbarians are portrayed in modern film

drunken empty vessels like Peter Otoole make these leaders sounds like every word uttered had meaning

When in reality they coveted and enslaved most of the population

hardly to be revered

My favorite part is how much of the senate were slaughtered to grab their wealth to fight on

All in all, the Romans were pretty despicable people; at least their leadership.

The "barbarians" were mostly civilized, and most treated the general population they conquered so well that they really just saw it as a "new regime" and not the end of civilization.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom