It was eventful and entertaining to say the least

F

FB7777

The DVD training video series seemed to get some juices flowing around here.

It seems that many are very good at criticizing other peoples efforts.

George is growing a multi truck operation and also attempting to sell training videos.

There has been piling on of shots at his operation videos on Youtube and his legendary training videos.

Many from guys that have no employees and have never attempted to do commercials or training videos of their own.

I think a video training series is a good idea, nothing can substitute for on the job training but it can be a very effective supplemental learning tool to enforce job techniques.

Say what you will about the content of the Checkmate video series, but George may very well be on to something here.

Maybe a Mikeysboard approved video series can be born from this?

Mikey P

Administrator
It is a great idea, why do you think I gave him so much of my time?

Why don't you fly your pretty face out here for a few weeks and we'll film you doing it all the MB way.

I'm way to fugly to be on screen that much.

F

FB7777

DevilDog said:
Are you really that f'n clueless?

DevilDog

if it isn't the one truck no secretary wonder I am referring to... dance monkey dance :lol:

Bob, I'm going somewhere with this

Chads

Supportive Member
I think he definitely has a great idea doing his videos and I think people on this board have been a little hard on him. But he definitely show some serious unstableness when he was critiqued

Mikey P

Administrator
Chad, coming from the School of freeflow Apartment Soaking I could see how you might learn SOMETHING with his videos but the IICRC folks I've shown them to so far have been more than shocked by how "wrong" they are..

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Fred you're right to one degree, effort.

That's it, he's a bait & switch hack, nothing but a salesman, nothing more nothing less.

We might be dumb apples, but he is a bad apple to our industry.

Chads

Supportive Member
Mikey you crack me up, oh what about your carpet training from coit and that other hack place you started with. bet they had good training too. LOL

F

FB7777

vincent said:
Fred you're right to one degree, effort.

That's it, he's a bait & switch hack, nothing but a salesman, nothing more nothing less.

We might be dumb apples, but he is a bad apple to our industry.

From what I have heard I agree with you Vince, however I have not seen the series but can see how it can be a marketable product if done better.

Content can be tweaked, heck you can re-do the entire series from start to finish...

I will give him credit for developing the series and marketing it

Think about the price as well... very affordable

Done professionally, or at the very least with accurate information this concept can be win win for all parties

or you could save your dough for the devildork blog and pay todd to pick losers for you :twisted:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What Checkmate did right:

He created a training system for his own people that they could watch, rather than read. We are hiring kids who are used to being trained by video rather than by books.

I'm going to remain reserved and tactful regarding the rest of my opinions, but this comment is sincere. I think more of us who have employees should find ways to video key parts of the job for employees to review.

I understand George has a local mentor who I respect. Perhaps with his guidance and support he can make something marketable.

DevilDog

Hmmmm.

62-2 with our Four Game Chase System.

22-2 with our Sweep system.

Hey Freddie Ass Boyle, we all know you are a miserable person that has no life. You have a crush on me. Take it somewhere else. I am not interested in hanging with you....but there are a couple here that might be able to satisfy you.

DevilDog

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Any recommendations on good training videos? Many of our videos contain valid information but were getting dated 10 years ago.

Having little turnover makes you forget how much time it takes to train someone properly. Now that I have a couple new guys to work with I'd like to find some supplemental products with a minimum of mistakes that I'd have to warn guys to ignore.

As Jim said, few guys learn from books and I find the attention span is between 30 and 60 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom